Rs. 850 for TataSky new SuperLNB part?

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 7,995

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
ISP
Tata Play 1 gbps, Microscan 500 mbps and PDPL 300 mbps.
So, I have two TS+ HD STBs and one of them works fine while the other does not show a few channels, displaying "Your STB is not receiving signal" for only those few channels on only one STB.

Thing is this STB has only one cable which is split into two while I believe the working STB they put in two wires.

Service technician visited today and claimed that due to new channels being added the old LNB part attached to the dish needs to be replaced and this will resolve the issue and the cost will be Rs. 850.

Is this price OK? They will deduct the cost from my account balance when the replacement is done (they don't have the part right now).

I tried calling customer care number to ask if the price is correct - their response is the technician will tell you the price and it will be the right one 😀

in Tata Sky everything chargeable is always deducted form your account balance and nothing has to be giving to the technician.
and most importantly tata sky recently re wired all those HD+ boxes which are connected with single wire and splitter with dual wires straight form the dish to the back of the boxes.

Great, so maybe they will also change my wiring and charge per metre on that too 😀