No Minimum balance required in SBI with flat 3% Interest rate (Rs 3000 MAB earlier)

You can always move to Jan Than account. SBI is nowhere close to private banks in any area. Its like market most of the time.

it's disappointing,I recently started to have some hope

to be honest they still can't compete with pvt bank services as i can sort out an issue just through by email for a pvt bank account ,while for sbi ,most of them don't know basic knowledge about banking when you talk them on phone,forget emailing them and their online complaint system is outdated and sometimes doesn't even accept legit issues

dad has a pension account. i am guessing it would be zero balance. would need to inform him in any case. idiocy tbh.

sadly, he cannot dump his sbi account for obvious reasons. upi comes handy to move his funds as they arrive to his indus account so he has to deal very little with sbi these days.

Yet again, the middle class would pay for the Modi Ji marketing scheme for the extremely poor.

i believe we would need to close two accounts that were being kept open with the idea of rs. 1000 balance requirement.

I think this is more to it....... this is sort of giving a cue to other banks also........ that now it is free for all..... loot begins......

Signal to all banks..... now they will charge heavily for all kinds of services......

I recently got account opened in Bandhan Bank...... which is a good bank..... and services are at par with any other private bank......

On FD they are giving 8.2% Senior Citizen.... they have 2000/ 5000AQB....

So I am going to close to SBI a/c's in lieu..... time to say goodbye to inefficient & subsidised Modi banks......

yup. for most people these smaller banks are better than taking the normal approach of using a government bank or one of the biggies. i am largely happy with yes bank and i would dump them and switch to a smaller bank if they start bitching about things.

Have had/ have a/c with SBI, PNB, BoB, HDFC & YES, Bandhan....

All Govt. banks have poor service... Out of HDFC and YES........ Yes is much much better......

Bandhan Bank.... I never visited..... everything was done by their executive.... taken documents etc from home....

Last edited:
indus and kotak are the two other options i have in my local market if i ever have to dump yes bank. i have thought multiple times about making a switch. but i have just been lazy. but good to have options. i am just glad i got rid of my icici bank account. would now have to make multiple trips to a faraway sbi branch to get dad's secondary account closed before april 1.

most people would shift out of Sbi if they could afford 5k limit.

I read that some people gave sbi accounts for scholarship to colleges and as soon as scholarship amount is debited, the account goes below 5k and they have to pay fine. pretty fucked up tbh