Router Suggestions for Airtel Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter apuw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 8,847
@Sushubh You mean they provide landline without broadband? The reason I got Airtel was because of landline only.

And CCTV?

No they don’t provide landline without broadband.

i said, i am not using airtel internet connection on my pcs as i am stuck on a crappy 4mbps adsl right now. i only have it because i use the landline and static ip helps in accessing cctv remotely (something that is not even used much). airtel has been useless for me for a pretty long time. any upload causes packet loss which then makes browsing impossible. so i just pay 599-150+99+taxes for landline and an internet connection that is just connected to the cctv cameras at my place.

Static IP with Airtel? I have got a dynamic IP with me can I ask them to change it? And 599+150+99+taxes (probably 18%) for 4Mbps that is almost as much as I am paying for 24Mbps (not that I get that speed always).

So, are you using Excitel full time now or have you got more connections?

airtel charge 99 rupees for static ip. unless you can get it for free through haggling/bargaining.
i am currently using excitel and abs on a load balancer. abs has been pretty crap. so would probably discontinue when three month subscription is over next week.
would probably end up connecting airtel back on the router and use it for backup for when excitel goes down.