Router Recommendation around 2.5k

• Thread starter Thread starter LP08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 4,151
ISP
ACT Fibernet
Looking to purchase a router under Rs. 2500

Live in a house of 1250sft. Have 4 smartphones, 2 laptops, PC, SmartTV running, and connected smartphones, laptops running most of the day. Plan to add a few more IoT devices in the near future.

Have a 50mps connection but because of the broadband wire length, the wifi router is situated on one corner of the house and to reach the other corner there is a decent amount of wall interference.

Looking for a dual-band router with minimal speed drops and decent wall penetration.

Like to know if TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200, Tenda AC10/AC8 is a good buy at this price point? or are there any other better alternatives?
Also which is a prefered version if you recommend one and never customized a router but would like to know the flexibility of the recommended router, just in case.

Also, your own experience using a router at this price point.

Hi friends, I a getting BSNL FTTH connection tomorrow and I am in market for a decent router. I had shortlisted TP-Link AC1200 Archer C6 and A6 by skimming through this forum.
Right now, I am getting TP-Link A6 v2.0 for Rs. 2040 on Flipkart and A6 v3.0 for Rs. 2249 on Amazon. I have placed order for both as I don't know which will be better.
As per info available on net, v2.0 has a internal antenna which v3.0 lacks resulting in little bit drop in range.
But, v3.0 comes with dual core Mediatek processor, whereas v2.0 comes with single core QUALCOMM processor. Also v3.0 comes with DDR3 RAM instead of DDR2. This results in faster boot, better memory management, less heating and less reboots.
v3.0 also comes with Airtime Fairness feature which according to TP-Link website, Improves network efficiency by limiting excessive occupation.
I want to know if anybody has used both routers in real life and if possible, has compared them?
Plz help me as my both orders will be delivered in three days and I have to cancel one of them, but I don't know which one.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1_large_1587449433285w.webp
    1_large_1587449433285w.webp
    210.1 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
The pic you have attached is of Archer C80, which is a costlier router than both you have mentioned. And, i can vouch for C6 because its good

Upvote 0