• Thread starter Thread starter smartflight
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,171
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Metro Ethernet
Okay, so after several months of complaining and going into depression because I can't play the only game I play online, I have figured that Reliance Metro doesn't work with routers.
I have two routers:a Belkin and a Netgear N300/WNR2000v2. I used the Belkin with BSNL, and it worked flawlessly. When I plugged Reliance with the Belkin, I started experiencing disconnections roughly every 60-75 minutes or sometimes more often. So I borrowed the NetGear from my cousin and it still behaved like the Belkin.
For the past three nights, I have used the ethernet cable as a direct connection into the CPU, and have experienced no disconnections in varying time frames (3 - 6 hours). It works great!
One thing I am sure about is - the problem is not the router, but the router being in the network setup - if you know what I mean. Somehow, as weird as it sounds, Reliance does not like routers. And yes, I am using my computer's MAC address in the router.
Any ideas or help here? 🙁

Reliance Metro Connection have problems with routers, you need to spoof MAC address for that after it, it should work fine, if you still face Disconnection problems keep your connection alive by pinging any website from command prompt. Even after that you face same thing, then might be your ling SNR margin is weak. I am using TP-Link Router over my Reliance Connection, never faced any problems.

1. MAC address is spoofed.
2. I keep two ping windows open: one to the Gateway, the other to Google India.3. SNR Margin... err, my router doesn't show this particular figure and I don't have a modem to test it with.
Anyway, the problem is as good as gone, and in the most strange manner.
I have two routers - say, Router 1 (Belkin) and Router 2 (Netgear). I faced this disconnection issue on Router 1 for roughly 8 months. I switched to Router 2 and continued to use it for around 3 months.... same frequent disconnection, nonetheless. Just for testing purposes, I switched back to Router 1, and boom... I get disconnected once in 24 hours, on average. That's a whole lot better than ~60 to 80 times/day.
Very content with the connection. No packet loss, reasonable pings for gaming, and promised speeds. 🙂
Anyway, thanks for the response. 😉

Hi,
I have a reliance connection and am facing the same issues.
I've had the connection for 3-4 years and it worked fine when the modem was directly connected to the PC.
Recently I got a Netgear JWNR2000v2 N300 router and tried to set-up WiFi.
The connection works for like 30 minutes and then drops. Then it refuses to open even the reliance login page for around 10 minutes and then abruptly starts working again.
It's really frustrating!
I'm not very tech savvy but I can follow a tutorial pretty well. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve this issue.
Cheers.

Hi,
I've had the connection for 3-4 years and it worked fine when the modem was directly connected to the PC.
The connection works for like 30 minutes and then drops. Then it refuses to open even the reliance login page for around 10 minutes and then abruptly starts working again.
It's really frustrating!
I'm not very tech savvy but I can follow a tutorial pretty well. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve this issue.
Cheers.

ap_rv said:
Hi,
It's really frustrating!
Cheers.
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what it is that fixed the problem on my end. The only change I am aware of is the switching from 220.x.x.x to 115.x.x.x routing on the backend. Since this routing server changed, I have had pretty much a flawless connection (except for a few downtimes here and there).
Are you on Metro Ethernet?
Can you also post a screenshot of your trace route to google.co.in? Goto run, type cmd, hit enter, and then execute this command: tracert google.co.in

@NAA_Saurabh001 and @smartflight seems like I'm facing the same issue broadbandforum.co/threads/107842 can you guys, please help me with what is the step by step process if possible. It would be of immense help !

Status
Not open for further replies.