Router Heating Up ...

• Thread starter Thread starter chocs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,484

chocs

i have this Strange Problem od Routers heating up... got it changed a couple of time by airtel people ... still have the same problem....tried connecting thru Ups or Direct Ac...same problem exists no burning or Charring just heating up.....worried about the life of the router... 🙄 wat could be solution for this .... ? 😉

@chocs why are you worried about the router heating up. Trust me it will not catch fire 🙂 and as long as it doesn't do that that there should be no reason for you to complaint. Well actually this heating problem is there with all the betel 220bx, even my router is a bit hot to touch. If you'r not facing any other problem with your connection then you can forget about this issue. Offtopic: If you have an Airtel connection why does it still say SIFY 64 unlimited under your username 😉

yeah, don't worry about it... If you are in Delhi or a similarly climated place, it's hot as hell right now, and that makes a big difference if you don't have an AC on most of the day in the room.

QUOTE(real_india @ Aug 23 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]59692[/snapback]
@chocs why are you worried about the router heating up. Trust me it will not catch fire 🙂 and as long as it doesn't do that that there should be no reason for you to complaint.

Well actually this heating problem is there with all the betel 220bx, even my router is a bit hot to touch. If you'r not facing any other problem with your connection then you can forget about this issue.

Offtopic: If you have an Airtel connection why does it still say SIFY 64 unlimited under your username 😉
[/b]

thnx for the feedback... regading the Heating Issue

any possible cooling solutions ?

about the connection type changed it now :huh:

220bx and D-Link's 502T both heat dunno bout any other router coz i hv'nt used em. And why do u want to cool it let be......waise u cud get an AC installed in that room, that should chill u as well as ur router off 😉 😉 😛 😛

well ! some have tried fitting a small fan in the modem .the cabinet of the modem should accomodate this ...And a simple method : put it in a steel plate on a woodenblock . steel plate consumes the heat & cools the modem !

Geeeeze!, why needlessly complicate things with fans and coolers. You could just put a wet hanky on it every now n then and gently stroke it a lil (singing optional). Dude, your speeds will go through the roof if u do it right.

I think liquid nitrogen would be a good option for you.Cooling for modems... haha 😀I like mystery_inc18's solution... if your room is so hot that you are concerned with your modem overheating, then maybe you yourself are in danger of getting a heat stroke/dehydration = get an A/C!!!

[off topic] I am surprised to see humourous responses to a serious topic . Perhaps , we are not aware of the adverseaffects of the power dissipiations , heat generated ... etc .it may not be even a watt ; power wasted is lost forever .the heat generated inside a modem may not catch a fire ;it surely decreases modem/router's life ...

OMG! OMG!...and then we dial 121 (toll free numbers rule..woohoo!) and ask for a replacement; so yea...life goes on 😛[off topic] Dude seshu, i hope for ur sake that children and heart patients don't read ur post. You really shouldn't be scaring everybody like that man.....not cool. :l

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 24 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]59830[/snapback]
[off topic] I am surprised to see humourous responses to
a serious topic . Perhaps , we are not aware of the adverse
affects of the power dissipiations , heat generated ... etc .

it may not be even a watt ; power wasted is lost forever .

the heat generated inside a modem may not catch a fire ;
it surely decreases modem/router's life ...
[/b]

that's why we rent them from airtel and not purchase them.

@vebmetal

hehe, good point 😛 😛 😛

@seshu
I am surprised to see humourous responses to
a serious topic .[/b]
dude the que itself is quite humourous, controlling the temp of the router .... serious ????.........c'mon get real.
Ok choc here put forward a query i wud'nt say that was trying to be funny, he asked a genuine que frm his side and i respect that.

Perhaps , we are not aware of the adverse
affects of the power dissipiations , heat generated ... etc .

it may not be even a watt ; power wasted is lost forever [/b]
dude here all the solutions put forward have been circling around how to cool the router instead of how to stop the router from getting heated up. And hence the router is gonna heat up no matter what u do (unless u open it up and make some hardware changes 😉 ), all u can do is cool it off but the so called "energy" which u are talkin bout has already been wasted. 🙂

QUOTE(waterloo_sunset @ Aug 24 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]59789[/snapback]
Geeeeze!, why needlessly complicate things with fans and coolers. You could just put a wet hanky on it every now n then and gently stroke it a lil (singing optional). Dude, your speeds will go through the roof if u do it right.
[/b]

:lol: The best reply award goes to waterloo_sunset