Router dongle modem that support CA preferably on Vi sim

• Thread starter Thread starter Chetan2009
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 6,508
I am seeing some on Alibaba for 100USD. I think they have closed India operations ?
AliExpress is showing 50USD shipping

@Chetan2009 I see them for as low as 71 USD.
A friend actually got it in October for 7k
I also see 71 USD ones from Australia but they also have + 90 USD shipping. Never used ebay before, may be I missed something

@varkey

1. Does it support 40A-40A CA?
2. Does it let you lock PCI and Cell ID?

Other features I listed are more common and quite a few LTE routers support it.

I am using Huawei E3372 CAT4 USB dongle with openwrt router running Rooter firmware (Jio sim).

uBD5sKk.png

mD5PGth.png

Last edited:
@varkey

1. Does it support 40A-40A CA?
2. Does it let you lock PCI and Cell ID?

Other features I listed are more common and quite a few LTE routers support it.

Yes to both, Mikrotik is way more customisable than Huawei IMO. You also get two SIM slots so that you can switch to another network if required (although this would work only if both towers are in the same direction 😅 since its a directional antenna)

Anyway there are other variants to choose from depending on your use case.

gb4F9sB.png

Source

This might be a better choice then since there is some official support compared to the custom firmwares you have available on the Huawei router.

@Chetan2009 Multilink is the main distributor for Mikrotik stuff but they don't have the LTE6 variants. I ordered mine from EuroDK.com

The Mikrotik UI may not be as straight forward as a regular consumer device but its not that difficult. You can mount it externally on a pole or on a wall.

@ishanjain28 This page gives more info about the config options -- Manual:Interface/LTE - MikroTik Wiki. It also supports IP passthrough so that you can use the LTE device as just a modem and have your main router do the failover etc.

I've not got it yet, it's in transit. But EuroDK will not undervalue the item, will come with full invoice value. Under personal mode, customs would be 72% or so. I'm hoping it gets cleared under my IEC at 18%. I had asked EuroDK to include a copy of my IEC along with the shipment paperwork.

Tracking shows it reached India, so maybe in a week.

@Chetan2009 Multilink is the main distributor for Mikrotik stuff but they don't have the LTE6 variants. I ordered mine from EuroDK.com

The Mikrotik UI may not be as straight forward as a regular consumer device but its not that difficult. You can mount it externally on a pole or on a wall.

@ishanjain28 This page gives more info about the config options -- Manual:Interface/LTE - MikroTik Wiki. It also supports IP passthrough so that you can use the LTE device as just a modem and have your main router do the failover etc.
The IPPT is the biggest advantage. Will nicely fit in with pfsense.

I am planning to buy a outdoor modem for a WAN failover . I am considering this as it has CA . I have 3 sides of my houses surrounded , so no indoor signal

Have sent a pricing enquiry via mail . Will update it if you are interested . Suggestions for outdoor modem welcome. I initially thought of Alibaba , then ended up dumping the idea
I use an outdoor modem that i made myself by doing a bit tinkering of an old airtel lte outdoor router, it works great with every simcard but sadly it is a cat4 device so no CA

Thank you for your quick response Nitish? Shall I purchase (import) a portable hotspot or a low end phone in similar range that I can use as hotspot?

Btw which router would you suggest to import?

I looked at MR600 and found that it does not do 40 40 aggregation. People on TP-Link forums are switching to other router it seems.
Importing a modem depends on your Budget since these devices are cheap only on AliExpress but since it is banned, you have to try other websites. i suggest Huawei routers and hotspots since they have good custom frimware support. since you have a pixel 2 XL, it supports almost every CA combo used by indian operators and supports upto 3 CA.