Router Config? Please Help

• Thread starter Thread starter hrishig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 3,999
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrishig

Hi ,I have tata indicom router installed at my house but I am facing problem while connecting it to my company laptop The current situation1) My pc is configured to have manual fixed IP (not static )address from the router So The network page looks like IP address 192.168.1.2Submask -> 255 *Default gateway 192.168.1.1 ( Which is routers address ) DNS -> Std tata indicom dns 202.54.10.2 etc etcSo the PC wokes fine for the internet connection Now I am also having a company laptop which obtains IP address and DNS automatically .(This can not be changed )Now the problem is , If I connect this laptop to the router , I do not get connected to the internet So My question is 1) What should I do Or How should I configure the router so that it can send the ip adress and the dns address to the laptop automatically?Thanks in advance for the helpHrishikesh

Dear Hrishikesh,

Try one of these two.

1. You just have to enable DHCP on your Router, define start address and the end address . This will provide an ip address automatically to your PC and you will be able to work on internet.

2. Just define default gateway and DNS addresses in your Laptop as it is in your home PC.

Regards,

Neeraj.

QUOTE(hrishig @ Aug 27 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]60173[/snapback]
Hi ,

I have tata indicom router installed at my house but I am facing problem while connecting it to my company laptop

The current situation
1) My pc is configured to have manual fixed IP (not static )address from the router
So The network page looks like
IP address 192.168.1.2
Submask -> 255 *
Default gateway 192.168.1.1 ( Which is routers address )

DNS -> Std tata indicom dns
202.54.10.2 etc etc

So the PC wokes fine for the internet connection

Now I am also having a company laptop which obtains IP address and DNS automatically .(This can not be changed )

Now the problem is , If I connect this laptop to the router , I do not get connected to the internet
So My question is

1) What should I do Or How should I configure the router so that it can send the ip adress and the dns address to the laptop automatically?
Thanks in advance for the help

Hrishikesh
[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.