RoohAfza

Sense of humour In the name of fake sense of humour, you can kill anybody"s brand. That's what I learned here in the name of free speech

I think roohafza is mentioned in a film for the first time ever & in a sarcastic comment it is implied "achha nahin hain" though the father says it is good, but "hero's" words carry more weight in hindi movies so roohafza owners thought it could negatively harm the brand's image.
If such sarcastic comments were widely prevalent across all MNC's then i think they would not have sued.

heh. if we are to take ishaan seriously... mahindra would sue rohit shetty for crores. unless of course they have a deal with him.
same case. you would not be able to show a car getting punctured. or mobile phone losing reception... and why stop there!
if a hero likes coke... pepsi should sue because it shows them in the bad light because the hero likes coke over pepsi!

who knows it could be an underhand deal between roohafza owners & the movie makers.
As long as common people post or talk in public about it, it's a win-win situation for the both the parties involved

Ashish said:
who knows it could be an underhand deal between roohafza owners & the movie makers.
If this is how the deals are gonna work in the future, I am leaving India.
:russianroulette:

trivial Controversies are very famous around the film releases, be it the mms clips, break-up of the lead pair, love affair of the lead pair are all part of the PR game

For as far as I know this movie did not need it. Even a weekday morning show is running jam packed. And that's not because of Rooh Afza.

Ashish said:
I think roohafza is mentioned in a film for the first time ever & in a sarcastic comment it is implied "achha nahin hain" though the father says it is good, but "hero's" words carry more weight in hindi movies so roohafza owners thought it could negatively harm the brand's image.
If such sarcastic comments were widely prevalent across all MNC's then i think they would not have sued.
not to forget the "negative comment" came from a cola brands ambassador too , all free speech lovers ignoring this point like , its not a fact at all
chromaniac said:
if a hero likes coke... pepsi should sue because it shows them in the bad light because the hero likes coke over pepsi!
you are molding things in your favor but with the implied meaning that , i would bother to say yes to this situation too? no i wont do that here , because its ridiculous statement
chromaniac said:
same case. you would not be able to show a car getting punctured. or mobile phone losing reception... and why stop there!
if a phone loses signal then it shows that it lost it ,thats okay , if it does it will probably do it for all sometimes
but a drink cannot be bad for all , its a subjective matter of taste , you can say its bad , but that wont be a universal truth , will it be? brand had a right to be offended and go to courts , which they did and won it , now go sue the judge please
Ashish said:
As long as common people post or talk in public about it, it's a win-win situation for the both the parties involved
conspiracy theories here hahaha , good
would have agreed if ranbir was not a cola ambassador , think about it , he cannot say about a cola to be bad , right?

Why can't a brand accept that not everyone will like it? In the movie 1 person likes it, 1 does not. Both state it clearly. Why does brand wants both of them to like it? Isn't it like it forcibly or we will drag to court? Don't contradict yourself. You are saying that not everyone's taste is the same. That was exactly what was shown in the movie. And no company has a right to drag the movie maker in the court for that. It was a subjective thing. Hero does not like it. Its not the same as Rooh Afza is filthy or don't buy it because it sucks.

Navjot Singh said:
For as far as I know this movie did not need it. Even a weekday morning show is running jam packed. And that's not because of Rooh Afza.
Many people will watch it on T.V. just to see if the dialogue is deleted or not. so in the long run it works for the movie.
The fact that you & i are discussing brand "Roohhafza" for the controversy works for the brand too

I am sure if Ranbir had said that in an interview that he does not like Roohafza, no one can do anything. But they have used a brand name in a movie without its permission and used it negatively. A lot of companies simply ignore because they are either positive or are not significantly mentioned/portrayed.

Navjot Singh said:
Why can't a brand accept that not everyone will like it?
is it enforced by law that the brand has to accept the the negative comment by a cola ambassador ?
in your mind its a yes , i think
its a subjective matter , for which, the brand could have or could have not acted , they choose to act , BEAT THAT DUDE .
now give me freedom of expression and you chose not to give more lame arguments please