RoohAfza

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
Our courts clearly seem to have ample of free time to entertain such cases. They have forgotten that there are very important cases that can be dealt in this free time. :/
[color=rgb(60,61,61);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;] On a law suit filed by the manufacturer of squash Rooh Afza, the Delhi High Court has restrained the makers of Hindi film 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' (YJHD) from releasing the movie on TV due to some allegedly objectionable dialogues.[/color]
Btw the dialogue in concern was Roofafza bekaar bana hai. It was a taunt by Ranbir on his stepmother for serving it to him everytime despite him not liking it and not on RoofAfza's brand. And I always thought RoofAfza doesn't need any advertisement. So why the cheap tactics?
Source

are you kidding?
had you been the owner of roohafza brand , you wouldnt do anything about it?

Nope. I wouldn't have cared.
Better still I would have sent its team a free crate of Rooh Afza with an apology that sorry if you don't like it. Please suggest how can we make it better. 😛

Haha I love it when stupid companies object free advertising... Even in the movie when they are showing the scene it is clear that the hero doesnt think the drink is bad... Its just that he want to make a stinging comment on his step mom... In the same scene itself the dad himself says that roofafza is actually very nice... I sincerely hope filmmaker stop giving jackass companies like this any free publicity in the movie... They could have contacted n number of juice companies who would have paid them to have their name in the movie...

lol, you really think that was a free publicity being given to roohafza , do you not watch tv ,or dont know karan johar at all? he would give a shit to anyone for free ,in this case it was a clear free but bad publicty, i remember in koi mil gaya or krish ,rekha ,was specifically shown washing clothes by a specific powder , that wasnt for free , the scene was clearly visible (not free) , same thing would have been here ,had roohafza paid for the scene ranbir would have liked it , to whoever the taunt was the roohafza or srep mom, wordings were clear (its bad)
i remember clearly the moment the scene came in the movie , my first reaction was, how can he do that with saying the name of the brand ?
Navjot Singh said:
Nope. I wouldn't have cared.
Better still I would have sent its team a free crate of Rooh Afza with an apology that sorry if you don't like it. Please suggest how can we make it better. :tongue:
i wonder that how old are you or have you ever tasted roohafza at all, its very very old brand , they didnt change it for last 20-25 years in front of my eyes, mom used to bring it all the time when i was a kid, and must be even older before your as well as my birth , and they would send crate to ranbir and company and ask what can they do to make it better? is ranbir god?
dude get a clear perspective of what you are talking about 😛leasantry:

Sigh. Its odd when I have to explain the sarcasm behind my statement. I do know how old is Rooh Afza. In case you missed it, I have quoted a link in the original post where you will find the exact year it was founded i.e. 1907.

so you also must understand the case by them is not for publicity but for teaching a lesson to the producer/directors

Nope. Its still a case of publicity. If they are so sure about their brand why did they get offended by a simple dialogue? And Am not sure whether you have seen the movie or not but that dialogue was not about the drink at all. Indians are either too sensitive or attention hungry and in worst cases both.

ishaan said:
i remember clearly the moment the scene came in the movie , my first reaction was, how can he do that with saying the name of the brand ?
the dialogue being about anything, but words were clearly bad for the brand , what do you expect brand owner to see the underlying sentiment of the scene ? you crazy?
so you are the better judge for their brand and their decision,? good for you

all who go courts are only for publicity lol , anyone can say or tarnish the image of anybody and party goes public ,thats publicity , right

If a movie character does not like roohafza I am not sure how this is a case of defamation or whatever.

I dont get the cannot be shown on TV, but theatre is fine? Is it because it is already released & currently running?

case banega ya nahi court will decide that , but they have a right to go to court in this country ,they excersized that right , and the dude here doesnt understand that , its not the brand owners problem , that how many cases are pending in the indian courts , is it?

They can settle case like Malika Arora did for Zandu Balm 😛layful:
Ranbir or KJo could become brand ambassador for Roohafza 🙂
BTW I had seen Roohafza ad on Pakistani channel few years ago (in UK).

Just a tit bit from what I have heard... Ranbaxy was offered the song that went on makers of Zandu Baam. If they had accepted that offer, the song might have featured Volini instead.

mhsabir said:
I dont get the cannot be shown on TV, but theatre is fine? Is it because it is already released & currently running?
the damage has been done already , the movie these days get maximum viwership in a week itself ,
chromaniac said:
Just a ** bit from what I have heard... Ranbaxy was offered the song that went on makers of Zandu Baam. If they had accepted that offer, the song might have featured Volini instead.

lol, no, zandu balm suits better , and btw that was not derogatory in any ways , thats why zandu made a deal with them, i think they shot for the zandu ad for free , malaika and arbaaz