RIP Swype

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 3,637
honestly ... Im still struggling to get used to swype :fatigue:

sticking with swiftkey x. waiting for another cool project. and i do not even remember the name. 😀

----------

found it. it's called touchpal.

Nuance Launches Next Generation Swype

· Next Word Prediction: Swype’s next word prediction is amazingly intelligent as Nuance has integrated capabilities from its renowned XT9 portfolio. Swype gets smarter based on historical usage, so prediction becomes more accurate with each use.

· Voice-Text Dictionary Syncing: Swype now includes a personal dictionary. Every new word a user enters on the keyboard gets added to their personal dictionary for speech and text, and you can even have Swype learn from emails, texts and posts. These updates are then mapped into Swype’s unified language model, so people can immediately speak or write that same word no matter how unique or specialized.

· Language Downloads: Swypers everywhere can communicate in any language they speak, as Swype now supports the download of over 55 languages right from the device.

· Four-in-One Keyboard: Swype now delivers a four input modalities in one keyboard. People can swype from letter to letter; type rapidly with predictive text input powered by XT9; speak their text naturally through a fully integrated Dragon button; or, simply write letters, words and symbols using their fingertip. Further, users can switch back and forth between modalities on the fly – providing the ultimate in keyboard personalization.

I hope something like this is added to SwiftKey. Heh.

Right. I use both, but more comfortable with Swype 🙂

Swype's Learning, Living Keyboard Gets Even More Personal

The latest version of Swype is more personal than ever as it now lets people sync their personal dictionary across multiple mobile devices. Swype also now features three different tablet keyboards, updates dictionaries with relevant trending ‘hotwords’, and offers multiple fun keyboard theme choices.

· Hotwords: Language is evolving faster than ever and Swype now updates dictionaries with the latest global trending words. Swype users can opt-in to receive updates to their dictionaries and stay up to date with the newest ‘hotwords’, like “Gangnam Style.” LOL NICE

Another solid feature update... Swype Living Language

Nuance Unveils Swype Living Language

Now, Swype Living Language allows people who opt-in to share and receive trending words and phrases in real-time, creating an up-to-date, crowd-sourced language model. The result is a predictive input experience that is incredibly simple and fast, with relevant, trending words and phrases supported as you swype, write, speak or tap.

Swype now also features Smart Editor, which analyzes an entire sentence, flagging any potential errors for a quick fix and update, including suggesting the most likely alternatives based on contextual analysis.

Seems to be much better than how it was the last time I tried it and I think I had the Nexus S back then. Liking it so far. Would take some time to get used to the gestures.

From your screenshots I gather that not much has been changed upfront. Although the reviews say that they removed the black and gold keyboard theme. I can't find it anywhere though in ny beta. Downloading the trial now.