RIP Steve Jobs

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 14,803
Ok, so i only was inside the egg! I read it in newspaper today, so i thought it cud be news.@ Rusty......Now, if i buy the product he sold, it indirectly helps him achieve his aim. I surely wont do that! I dont want to support a product, which is just simply over-charged for the kind of stuff it offers. For what reason? Just coz its an Apple?

frankly speaking... most computing products you would buy today are somehow connected to Apple's vision of personal computing. jobs and company had a big role in the development of GUI, typography, and now of course touchscreen user interfaces too. buy an android, and you are enjoying stuff that was made possible because of the vision of jobs but created by someone else.

frankly speaking... most computing products you would buy today are somehow connected to Apple's vision of personal computing.

jobs and company had a big role in the development of GUI, typography, and now of course touchscreen user interfaces too.

buy an android, and you are enjoying stuff that was made possible because of the vision of jobs but created by someone else.

Now he won't even buy an android. What about symbian, go for it jaymin.

well think of android as the jobs' vision of a smartphone with some major adjustments that makes it a bit more practical. 🙂

I guess, i m not against the vision. I m against the DIRTY policy, of not letting a competitor in, JUST COZ THAT COMPETITOR, WONT ALLOW U TO CHARGE ASTRONOMICAL PRICES & LOOT THE CONSUMER.Dont understand what the Anti Trust laws r used for all around the World. This is a clear case of trying to gain an undue advantage of the technology u develop. If someone else is able to replicate it, i guess u dont have ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER, to give a damn to it.

microsoft actually is a bigger evil compared to Apple here. apple is targeting companies based on actual patents and other infringements. microsoft is literally blackmailing android manufacturers with patents that they have not even made public yet. microsoft is smarter. instead of wasting money on lawsuits, they simply get into talks and ask the companies to pay 5-15 dollars per device sold in the market. apple on the other hand is hurting themselves in addition to the other company. this is going to bite them back in the arse in the coming years. they are tackling the smartphone market just like they did the PC market in the 80s. and we all know what happened to them in the personal computing market. they no longer have Jobs to save their arse in the coming years.

I think, i am chosen the right companies to be against! 😀 Dont like Windoze or anything thats Microsoft!

frankly speaking... most computing products you would buy today are somehow connected to Apple's vision of personal computing.

jobs and company had a big role in the development of GUI, typography, and now of course touchscreen user interfaces too.

buy an android, and you are enjoying stuff that was made possible because of the vision of jobs but created by someone else.
I guess it might have taken more 6-7 years until touchscreens hit the mobile phones..if it wasn't for Jobs!

are you freaking kidding me? htc and tons of other companies were manufacturing and selling touchscreen devices powered by windows mobile. Apple did not invent touchscreen smartphones. they just refined the process and made them useful. i have used windows mobile based touchscreen devices. they were almost all resistive in nature. had to be used with stylus. they were painful. but they existed.

are you freaking kidding me?

htc and tons of other companies were manufacturing and selling touchscreen devices powered by windows mobile.

Apple did not invent touchscreen smartphones. they just refined the process and made them useful.

i have used windows mobile based touchscreen devices. they were almost all resistive in nature. had to be used with stylus. they were painful.

but they existed.
Yup...i know they existed ..but the iPhone made the touchscreen for the masses...without them i guess we would still have been using crappy resistive screens 😕

To counter i phone other companies also started R&D more closely on capacitive screens and hence now we have crappy chinese phones with touchscreens!

they are now making him sound like he was gay.

Steve Jobs Would Annoy Jony Ive By Taking Credit For His Design Work - Readability

"Jony had a special status," Jobs wife Laurene Powell Jobs said. "Most people in Steve's life are replaceable. But not Jony."

Those privileges weren't limited to lunches and regular visits at the end of the day. Ive holds a private design studio on the ground floor of Apple's campus shielded by tinted windows and a heavy locked door. Not even high-level Apple employees are allowed into Ive's office. Ive was untouchable.

Almost every day, Jobs would have lunch with Ive and wander around his private design studio. Usually it was just the two of them together in Ive's design studio, Isaacson wrote. Much of the design conversation was a back-and-forth, compared to Jobs usual prickly demeanor with his underlings, he wrote.