RIP Steve Jobs

Sushubh

Administrator
are you freaking kidding me? htc and tons of other companies were manufacturing and selling touchscreen devices powered by windows mobile. apple did not invent touchscreen smartphones. they just refined the process and made them useful. i have used windows mobile based touchscreen devices. they were almost all resistive in nature. had to be used with stylus. they were painful. but they existed.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
are you freaking kidding me?

htc and tons of other companies were manufacturing and selling touchscreen devices powered by windows mobile.

apple did not invent touchscreen smartphones. they just refined the process and made them useful.

i have used windows mobile based touchscreen devices. they were almost all resistive in nature. had to be used with stylus. they were painful.

but they existed.
Yup...i know they existed ..but the iphone made the touchscreen for the masses...without them i guess we would still have been using crappy resistive screens :confused:

To counter i phone other companies also started R&D more closely on capacitive screens and hence now we have crappy chinese phones with touchscreens!

Sushubh

Administrator
they are now making him sound like he was gay.

Steve Jobs Would Annoy Jony Ive By Taking Credit For His Design Work - Readability

"Jony had a special status," Jobs wife Laurene Powell Jobs said. "Most people in Steve's life are replaceable. But not Jony."

Those privileges weren't limited to lunches and regular visits at the end of the day. Ive holds a private design studio on the ground floor of Apple's campus shielded by tinted windows and a heavy locked door. Not even high-level Apple employees are allowed into Ive's office. Ive was untouchable.

Almost every day, Jobs would have lunch with Ive and wander around his private design studio. Usually it was just the two of them together in Ive's design studio, Isaacson wrote. Much of the design conversation was a back-and-forth, compared to Jobs usual prickly demeanor with his underlings, he wrote.

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
Seems the media is still obsessed about him...Seems there is no other news :)

----------

Now the news will be what he used to eat everyday. May be some butler will tell the media how Steve praised him. blah blah..

----------

and I thot only India TV/Aajtak were like dat :p