RIP Blackberry Messenger

• Thread starter Thread starter Gaurav Shah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 519
  • Views Views 43,200
On iOS worked fine. It told me I am in queue and to wait till I get an email. However, tried a few hours later and it permitted login. Never got an email.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/10/bbm-rumored-to-arrive-on-windows-phone-as-well/
Right now BBM is available for BlackBerry (naturally), and recently iOS and Android, but what about Windows Phone? Will BlackBerry be sending some love Microsoft’s way? Well according to Twitter account, BlackBerry Leaks, the answer is yes. The tweet has claimed that BBM will eventually be making its way onto Windows Phone, essentially covering all the major smartphone platforms out there. Of course there’s no telling if this rumor is true but it would make sense that BlackBerry would love to cover all their bases, even if the Windows Phone platform is considered to be their closest rival at the moment.
Why not!
https://twitter.com/BlackberryScoop/status/392431160703205377

no surprise here... 🙂since bbm was once a legend in chatting bussiness...lets see what its going to bring!!

Trying to earn revenue from BBM. Anyways I've removed the persistent notification using xposed, and my messages keep coming.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/bbm-to-come-preloaded-on-celkon-spice-and-zens-android-smartphones-451415
BlackBerry has announced that its cross-platform messaging app, BBM, will now come preinstalled on a number of Android smartphones from domestic brands, namely Celkon, Spice and Zen, starting next month.The Canadian company confirmed that the popular BlackBerry Messenger instant chat application will be preloaded on a variety of Android based smartphones from leading OEMs across Africa, Indonesia, Latin America and the Middle East apart from India. Some of the other smartphone brands that would preinstall the BBM app include Be, Brightstar, EVERCOSS, IMO, Mito, Snexian, TECNO, and TiPhone.In addition, BlackBerry also confirmed that the popular BBM app will continue to be available as a free download from Google Play store.
It's worth pointing out that the Micromax Canvas smartphone range in India already comes preinstalled with BBM app, which the company announced in September this year.

In any case, they will be able to make claims that their App is so popular and is present in X number of Android phones now.

their patents are still worth a lot of money. they had a good run in the enterprise business and many corporates still depend on them, but for how long, unsure... reminds me of how the pager died...

no i meant that there is little money in messaging today. some people might pay for stickers or other virtual goods but the cost of running the network must be immense.

I dont know why they delayed the launch of the software cross platform BBM. Had they done it 2 years back, would have been able to compete with whatsapp and may have still been a force to reckon with.