RIP Bhupen Hazarika

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
Honestly never heard of him. Cant recall face either :)

ISP
Beam Fiber
Honestly never heard of him. Cant recall face either :)
:p i didnt even listened to one song by Jagjit Singh. But seeing my grand dad react to his death i assumed he's a great singer

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
he has a pretty amazing voice. he did music for some movies during the 90s i think. he is mostly a folk/classic singer i think from nepal. not mainstream.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
ISP
N/A
Sad. People today haven't even heard his name. On the other hand, the far less talented Mohit Chauhans and Atif Aslams are reigning supreme.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
haha. well. he did not really have a modern voice. :) i am currently listening to his nepali songs. gold voice.

D

Deleted member 7160

AFAIK Bhupen Hazarika was from Assam, he had sung in the movie Joggers Park. He also sang in Mile sur mera tumhara !

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Bhupen Hazarika (Assamese: ভূপেন হাজৰিকা Bhupen Hazôrika) (8 September 1926 – 5 November 2011) was an Indian singer, composer, lyricist, music director, and filmmaker from Assam, a state in the north-eastern part of India.

you are correct. :D

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
i guess every generation goes through this when they start seeing their childhood favorites dying when they reach late 20s. we are going to see a lot of popular folks from our childhood die in the coming years.