RIP Bhupen Hazarika

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1,705
Honestly never heard of him. Cant recall face either 🙂

Honestly never heard of him. Cant recall face either 🙂
😛 i didnt even listened to one song by Jagjit Singh. But seeing my grand dad react to his death i assumed he's a great singer

he has a pretty amazing voice. he did music for some movies during the 90s i think. he is mostly a folk/classic singer i think from nepal. not mainstream.

Sad. People today haven't even heard his name. On the other hand, the far less talented Mohit Chauhans and Atif Aslams are reigning supreme.

haha. well. he did not really have a modern voice. 🙂 i am currently listening to his nepali songs. gold voice.

AFAIK Bhupen Hazarika was from Assam, he had sung in the movie Joggers Park. He also sang in Mile sur mera tumhara !

Bhupen Hazarika (Assamese: ভূপেন হাজৰিকা Bhupen Hazôrika) (8 September 1926 – 5 November 2011) was an Indian singer, composer, lyricist, music director, and filmmaker from Assam, a state in the north-eastern part of India.

you are correct. 😀

Dil jalta hai to jalne de, aansu na baha fariyaad na kar !

another RIP thread 🙁 this like the 9th or 10th RIP now I guess 🙁

i guess every generation goes through this when they start seeing their childhood favorites dying when they reach late 20s. we are going to see a lot of popular folks from our childhood die in the coming years.