Right to Privacy is now a fundamental right in India

aadhaar i read would be decided by a bench of five judges. this ruling would weigh heavily on that panel. but i am going to be pessimistic about the whole scene. it would be incredible if they declare the whole project unconstitutional. though i hope that the ruling today would at least result in a scenario where government cannot make aadhaar mandatory for routine things like buying an air ticket and such. remains to be seen.

also read that today's ruling completely overrule the ruling behind article 377. a lot of existing laws could now be challenged in courts for the good. things are going to be very interesting from now on.

also. fundamental rights are not absolute. just like there are reasonable restrictions on freedom of speech... government can and would implement restrictions on fundamental right to privacy. but of course, any unreasonable restriction could possibly be challenged in court by the people of this country.

the biggest problem with aadhaar is that common man does not have the power to sue the damn fuckers.
exactly. people are celebrating but knowing this govt, Im cautious.

there are a lot of reasons to celebrate honestly. i have been reading the snippets being posted by people on twitter and the ruling is pretty incredible. it talks about everything from having the right to eat what you want to right to live with who you want to with and more. it even goes against court's own recent rulings where SC asked NIA to look into mixed religion marriage and so on.

Aadhar Finance bill was passed by Loksabha.

Which is also binding on Citizens.

So we now have to see if linking bank account falls under Finance bill or not.

Or if court makes that bill illegal too.