• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7,238

ckr97

Regular
ISP
ACT Blaze 30 Mbps (Post 50GB, 512Kbps)
There is lot of talk happening on Wireless Broadband (3G), but Wired one is the BEST and STABLE... I hate 3G, because it is not stable. It will work well at one place and will not work at another place.So, for wired DATAONE users - Has anyone heard about any news on any new plans/tariffs for BSNL customers in 2011 (2 months left!)When likely they will release the new plans? - X'Mas, New Year, April 2012?I wish BSNL atleast changes 512kbps to 1Mbps (without any FUP) :eagerness:In case of FUP plans, BSNL brings back the speed to 256kbps after certain amount of download. I guess this is a very wrong practice. They should remove 256kbps from their dictionary and keep thinking 512kbps or higher.

All fup plans above 1000 bucks have 512 k as the speed after fup.

All fup plans above 1000 bucks have 512 k as the speed after fup.

Not really, please check the tariff page once again

There is lot of talk happening on Wireless Broadband (3G), but Wired one is the BEST and STABLE... I hate 3G, because it is not stable. It will work well at one place and will not work at another place.

So, for wired DATAONE users - Has anyone heard about any news on any new plans/tariffs for BSNL customers in 2011 (2 months left!)

When likely they will release the new plans? - X'Mas, New Year, April 2012?

I wish BSNL atleast changes 512kbps to 1Mbps (without any FUP) :eagerness:

In case of FUP plans, BSNL brings back the speed to 256kbps after certain amount of download. I guess this is a very wrong practice. They should remove 256kbps from their dictionary and keep thinking 512kbps or higher.

The Hindu : NATIONAL / ANDHRA PRADESH : BSNL to improve broadband services

So most probably for 625 Unlimited theyll give 512 KBPS , Unlimited 750 will be 1mbps.

thats right. That AP news is a old one. AP govt is busy with telangana issues... so i don't know if the news is valid.... looks like nobody has any friends in BSNL who can give us some good news before hand.

Really hope BSNL does something about the plans. Asked about new plans to one of the officers last month when I went for a inflated bill related problem (which was promptly and quickly fixed though were denying at first from one office .. don't blame them either . .. half of their employees hardly have proper product knowledge and does not even know to check the bill details properly). He said that why do I need more bandwidth as they are providing the best plans. I was like WTF did you say in my mind. Then I told him about Beam, Airtel, Reliance, MTNL and so on. He then said he meant the best plans in Assam. LOL. He said he does not know about new plans and if they would come anytime soon. He said FTTH would be available soon and asked me to apply for it if I need higher speeds. And by higher speeds he meant 1mbps for 2999 + taxes .. I was like WTF. He was a good chap and said that BSNL would probably not launch soon and they cannot compete with private players easily as TRAI /telecom ministry is screwing up BSNL like a step-son. He said that whereas private players are allowed to purchase bandwidth and spectrum as per their need and customer base but BSNL is force to purchase pan-India by TRAI / telecom ministry even if there is no requirements of that service in that place. He gave the example Assam circle where BSNL was forced to purchase Wimax at pan-India level whereas hardly anybody else purchases it and is already an outdated technology. He explained how it has cost BSNL several hundred crores for Wimax for just the Assam region whereas they have less than half a dozen customers of Wimax in Assam circle as nobody purchases the crappy Wimax connections. With less than half a dozen customers he said they can hardly afford to even maintain the Wimax service leave apart recover the hundreds of crores shoved down the throat of BSNL by telecom ministry/TRAI. I told him they will even go further down if they do not bring proper plans at least in markets where there are competitors. He said the top authorities at BSNL and govt. need to think about it but nobody at the top seems to care about the competition.So, BSNL seems to be only going down with time and I hope that they bring plans at least comparable to Airtel etc. if not anybody else. Bring 75GB or 150GB plans like Airtel at least so that customers do not worry while even visiting youtube. Everything is in HD nowadays and BSNL customers cannot afford to watch anything in HD for fear of screwing up their bandwidth.

Worthless taking abt it when it comes to BSNL.There shud a new tagline for them : BSNL sooooooooooooo raha hai.

Bring 75GB or 150GB plans like Airtel at least so that customers do not worry while even visiting youtube.

I won't envy an Airtel customer in present condition. They have some of the worst FUP plans compared to BSNL and some blame of torrent bandwidth shaping too.

@Zaman2011 - thanks for sharing the experience. So it looks like something serious(politics) happening after the 2G 3G scams and soon customers will have its impact on the services.

I won't envy an Airtel customer in present condition.
They have some of the worst FUP plans compared to BSNL and some blame of torrent bandwidth shaping too.

I am not sure that is the case. For example,
in airtel for Rs.1699 line rental (taxes etc. would be extra I suppose) a person gets 4Mbps with 75GB FUP
whereas in BSNL for Rs.1700 it is 2Mbps with 40GB FUP.

And for 2Mbps with 75GB FUP in Airtel it is Rs.1599.
So, lesser in all cases with more FUP (in fact double) for sure.

Similarly, for Rs.2099 in airtel, a person gets 4Mbps with 150GB FUP whereas in
BSNL it is Rs.2150 for 1Mbps with 100GB FUP I suppose.

And for 2Mbps with 150GB FUP it is Rs.1999 in airtel.
Even I check the lower plans then in airtel then for Rs.1399 it is 4Mbps with 30GB FUP in Airtel
and Rs.1299 for 2Mbps with 30GB FUP
whereas in case of BSNL it is Rs.1350 for 4Mbps with 20GB FUP.

So, in every case Airtel has at least 50% more FUP compared to BSNL and to be honest,
a plan like 75GB is more than awesome where for a lower price than BSNL it is nearly double the FUP of BSNL.
Not sure how BSNL plans are better than Airtel at least on paper.

India as a whole is anyways in the ice age of internet where we are using internet speeds which
is a fraction of what most other countries including Europe and East/South East Asia is receiving
and paying a lot more than them even for their high speed plans (without mostly no FUP unlike India).

At my place, airtel caps torrent speeds to 256 kbps for most part of the day, now, what use is 150 gb then ?

Ah, I haven't used airtel in a long time now. I'd just observed the above at couple friends' places in my area.As for that site, does it bode well with private trackers ?Edit - nevermind, should have read the entire postIs there a similar site which would work with private trackers ?