Reviews of Tablets

• Thread starter Thread starter justatroll
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,549
J

justatroll

Hi I am here to review the Tablet I have, however I would like to all who own the tablet devices to post your reviews in specified manner here so that, while making my next decision or any other one from forum will get benefiited, I am pretty sure this thread willk be productive & I hope admin will have distraction from NASTY issues... so here is a review Background : I bought this Samsung Tablet 10.1 From Market after lot of hassle I got it cheaper than Market & Samsung.com/in Price ( Samsung price =32,000, I got it for 30,700), Intended use of tablet: Browsing, Using in setting where I cant access my laptop. The Device: I will spare the details of dimension and all & will keep it simple as I can.The Device is really handy If you have used big screen cell phone earlier or even small screen this will seems bigger for the first week of use. However it grows on you .THe Display is tunningly beautifull, Bright & Crisp, I can see the outlines of images & graphics are good. THe first thing I did was to get a picture of wife using a camera, It was night and light from street was not enough, however the flash function made it clear & THe picture was taken fine.Not only picture qulity ( 3MP) was good, but the picture as taken within literally split second unlike other camera's in market, This camers is QUICKEST I have ever seen ( even compared to iPhone camera) I use 2G still for my internet on it. So next day while using google chat with my wife from Chennai I used a front cam, Which she tells provided with excellence quality video. The loading of websites is fast real fast. however in jest I tried using Dolphin browser HD, This browser has problem, specially with hiding web bar & with swype keyboard.... switched back to stock browser.THe swype keyboard is an excelence addition, I do not have to type longest word without lifting a hand in browser while logging in or while typing emails or while using SMS SMS function in this tab is amazing clear legible text & notifications flashed near the clock on right hand side corner. Right hand side corner has the whole Service menu with turning off wi-fi, BT, Flight mode, Settings & current notifications like current download etc.Battery dont last a 1.25 day without being charged which takes about 5 hours to charge, this is true if your internet is on 2g/3g, However on flight mode battery would last 2+ days without a hitch. Music player has excellence functionality with simplistic design & easy navigation. However I used cloudround with Dropbox A/c to stream songs & Dhingana app for streaming other songs.Video quality is Amazing, I watched video every day on way to work and it just amazed me. Finally I used it as a Screen for my family while driving the car ( without attachment but just a cover) & it fitted & showed beautifully. Thats is it for now. I will add more on this as I go on using it. If you have any experience on it Please share.

Though Samsung tab 10.1 has the feature of sending SMS, I am using the 2g Data for sending sms, The gatway I use is way2sms with free sms to India app ( a tibny app),Also installed whatsapp, Thou Not sure how it works. Now I am going to test Voip in few days Stay tuned.

Many apps are there in market I browse apps on laptop and then push them from market to my tab. However the sound I found to be less than iPad but with good headphone its a good one. I use greader for RSS feeds and use that for getting and passing for deal. Tune in application gives me for world update and music I want. Expense manager is also a good software for managing budget. I bought a cover from a local ship and headphone for 1000 rupees.

My 2g plan will be over soon, then I will get the 3g plan for Voip services. also the above review was written using touchpal keyboard on tab itself on a bumpy ride out on roads of lousiana.

----------

Please post the review of yout tab use. next I will share a picture of my screens

I am using various applications now For radio I use tune in it has both free & pro version, Only difference between them is you can record audio in pro version. I search for Bollywood streams & number of streams comes along. & it is very good to listen to BBC or CNN news online as well. This application is excellent For reading news I use IBN news app. which is small & loads quickly too. so while going to work, I start Radio NRI on tune-in and read IBN news on my tablet.

As promised here are screen shots of tablet I am using.

Photo Album - Imgur

click on the picture you can click next here
the actual url is www.imgur.com/a/UrJ9p
Please comment & reply

forum would embed imgur album links just fine. needs a reload of the page though. 🙂 removed the html code. it would not work.

just olet you know applications in use are Jango, Paper camera,alchemy, Tori-Toki( this games craches a lot on tablet, have notified developer, its quite useless)I have now unlimited SMS sending to all over the India, with free sms software & way2sms a/c I can send hundred of SMS without ( this was sent via way2sms) line in sms . I am now looking for international SMS gateway any body can direct me for this ?