Reviews of Airtel Fiber in LCO cities

Hmm nice. There is a substantial difference between cloudping.info and amazonworkspaces.com in respect to reporting of pings. The former one shows higher pings while the latter shows lower. In any case, airtel pings have remained the worst for me in my course of 48+ hours of usage. Even local cable provider produced better results at times.

After installation of connection, I got power issue, in a week. I raised request to customer service, & got it solved. But for whole process it took more than 3 weeks time. Local guys are so reluctant, issue was escalated by airtel customer care team, & finally got resolution. My power went to -28 to -30 dBm even though I didn't face speed issue, but there was a intermittent disconnection.

In meter I get -18.75dBm and in router I get -21.6dBm

which router showing optical power??
Dragonpath one. Pigtail is same for checking optical power in meter as well as router. Also, I had old Huawei router from my old connection, when I inserted the optical cable in it, it showed -19.something dBm. So, I guess the router is showing faulty optical power, there is nothing that can be done.

Hey Guys, so one of my friends in Kolkata is using 200 Mbps plan and he has opted for static ip costing 99 per month but in practical he gets speeds of around 350-400 Mbps, so I was also thinking to get a static ip but in my city Airtel is providing prepaid connection through LCO.

So I had few doubts, if any one has taken static ip in LCO city, please let me know
1. We need to separately pay Rs.99+18% tax each month or does it gets deducted from our balance? and are these charges mentioned in the bill that is generated each month like currently in bill price shows as Rs.1179, so after taking up static ip would this show as Rs.1295?
2. Do you feel if there is any difference in the speeds after opting for static ip?
3. If we don't want to use static-ip in between month, can we ask customer care to remove the static ip anytime in between and would they refund the amount back to our balance or do they deduct this on daily basis Rs.3.3/per day so auto deduction stops the day we ask them to remove the static ip?

Please let me know, I have raised the request, but still wanted to check if anyone has tried this in LCO cities

Last edited:
I have seen more than 5cases when people opted for static IP getting more than 600mbps speeds. I opted for static IP in my old lco city and my internet went down for 4 days when they assigned me static IP. They said, static IP is not functional in LCO cities. Now I am in new city and hoping to get some response from airtel twitter handle.

I had one of the worst experience with Airtel LCO in Prayagraj (Allahabad). I am using airtel from September 2020 and since then I have to face anywhere from 4-7 days of downtime every month. The outage used to begin generally from 1 am and it would come back around 4-6 in the evening, sometime it would be gone for more than 48 hours. When the connection works it's works fine, i was first on 100mbps plan and used to get speed of around 130mbps but then I switched to 40mbps plan cause with such horrible service there was no point in getting the 100mbps plan. Since the last 10 days the issues have escalated a lot, there was a issue on 30th August where there was downtime since 12am and it was repaired around 7 in the evening. Then it went again around 10 in the morning the next day and it returned around 6 in the evening. Even after reparing the issue there were frequent disconnects where the net would stop working for a couple of minutes every hour. This cycle continued till 3rd September. I have scheduled countless technician visits but they never come nor call about the issue. I have tried to escalate the issue but it never resolved any of the issues. I am now planning on switching to excitel when my plan expires cause what more worse experience can you offer than this.