[Review] Tripleplay Broadband* / Ani Teleservices

Have you used "Tripleplay Broadband"?

• Total voters
ISP
Mtnl, Jio, Vodafone
This review is for Tripleplay broadband* which has recently come to my area where no other high speed ISPs lurk.
Since this was the first time i could experience high speed internet i jumped at the opportunity all the while still paying less than what i pay MTNL for ancient speeds.
Current Plan:
50 Mbits ps - Up and Down
Official Cost: 600+ taxes but there is a little hera pheri going on here so i cannot tell you guys the actual amount

when i test the speeds i see Ani Teleservice on speedtest.net do not know what that is all about.

Method/How The Review Will be done:
This review will be update with daily speed test so i and others can get an idea of how this ISP performs and weather its speed will turn to garbage in a few months time just like most local broadband player.
Will post image results from today which is day 3.
All the test done on speedtest.net and on my PC which is more than capable of handling at least 300Mbps.
Pings are important to me as well being a gamer along with upload speeds and hence i am not using much simple fast.com test.
I understand that the speeds can slow down a bit on holidays and evening even though they should but i am willing to overlook that for now and keeping that in mind i am using average speeds through the day... not just taking max and min speed and dividing by 2 but taking multiple test through pout the day on same server to give Average speed.

Let's GO!
Average Speed
Day 1: 45 Mbit ps up and down
Day 2: 39 Mbps up and down

Day 3: The image to 2000x2000 so i am posting using imgur so as to not waste this sites bandwidth and help people with slower connections to open the page faster at least that is what i think happens when no giant images are posted in posts.

Source

Average Speed for Day 3: 35 Down and close to 40 Up

UPDATE 1:
I have learned from others that my connection may/probably be/is a resale so not exactly TriplePlay and hence this review has become flawed to begin with but i will still post the test for anyone who gets in the same situation as me.
Second change i was using WiFi to test till day three from tomorrow i.e. DAY 4 i will try to switch to Ethernet for testing.

UPDATE 2:
*the connection was given as being Tripleplay but i am starting to thing the pamphlet was wrong because my ISP might be Ani Teleservices, a local ISP. Will update the title and other things as and when i get more details.

I will be posting video results and tests soon. (WiFi)

To the moderator: Am i allowed to post YouTube video links of the above test and maybe some commentary? I can show more real world performance using videos so please let me know. Thanks! 🙂
P.S. Please correct any posting mistakes i may have made since this is just the second post i have made here.
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Day 4:
I coudn't get the Ethernet working because some settings i needed that the local internet guy did not want to provide he wanted to come over and do it himself and since it is a weekend i did not want anyone coming to my house to do anything, i like my rest days.
Since it is a weekend other family members were home and the speeds reflect that.

Source

UPDATE 3:
I found a HUGE FLAW in my testing other than the Ethernet thing... my WiFi adapter has degraded and is not performing like it was when it was new.
When i ran the same tests on my phone and Laptop(went crazy after recent win10 update) i was getting 38-39 Down with 40-42 Up.
I guess this is we should use ethernet for testing.

FINAL UPDATE: use at your own risk

Last edited:
I do not know why you are getting ANI teleservice..... and even lower speeds on 50Mbps plan.

I used to get full 50Mbps DL and around 60Mbp UL.

And currently I think it is 600/- inclusive..

@ijsa Highly likely i was made a fool of which i will sort out next month. I was too excited about high speed since my previous MTNL connection was 512 kbps which led to me just giving the guy what he asked for.

Hmmm.....

Yes this kind of thing happens in the eagerness to get rid of MTNL, and why not? even 10Mbps is better than 512Kbps.... at the same or lower price....

Triple Play is good, though presently I am on Excitel after changing many ISP's....

You can directly put a query on their website for new connection.... and they revert back with very good offers....

You are not on TriplePlay. Most probably they are reselling you. It is most common practice and Excitel's services were used too in such practices.

Secondly, Your Poll Options are wrong.

You are asking two questions silently in the same poll.

1. If you are a user.
2. What's your experience.

Coming to the review, you are checking on WiFi.

Check on Ethernet with WiFi switched off.

hah. you are back on excitel!
yes..... it is like checking out after every 2-3 months.... if the service has improved on any other ISP...... so I keep on rotating different ISP's as the LCO is cooperative and there is no change in wiring and installation charges also.... just change of service/ screen name in Router..... even I have same login & password across many ISP's...

But am now tempted to directly hook up to Triple Play.... as they are charging less... around 100Rs..... but then doubtful about their service which my present LCO handles very well....

The main reason that I keep on checking different ISP's is that till date I could not get proper 4K streaming (other than youtube) on any ISP irrespective of speed 30/50/ 100Mbps..... so I have decided to stick to the lowest plan 20/ 30Mbps from most reliable ISP..... as well as keep looking for better service.

You are not on TriplePlay. Most probably they are reselling you. It is most common practice and Excitel's services were used too in such practices.

Secondly, Your Poll Options are wrong.

You are asking two questions silently in the same poll.

1. If you are a user.
2. What's your experience.

Coming to the review, you are checking on WiFi.

Check on Ethernet with WiFi switched off.

Is the reselling okay? because literally no ISP other than MTNL comes to my location probably because of lack of demand for high speed internet.

About the poll: I thought the poll would serve multiple purposes that way.

I will try to plug Ethernet next time.
Thanks for the corrections.
Please do let me know any other improvements i can make.

Edit:
sorry couldn't edit the poll so i set it to close in 1 DAY.
updated the "review" with your information will change title soon as i have one in my head.

Last edited:
Hmmm.....

Yes this kind of thing happens in the eagerness to get rid of MTNL, and why not? even 10Mbps is better than 512Kbps.... at the same or lower price....

Triple Play is good, though presently I am on Excitel after changing many ISP's....

You can directly put a query on their website for new connection.... and they revert back with very good offers....

Don't even get me started on MTNL by gods grace the local "engineer" was a good guy and tried his best regardless of the fact that he had no idea what TCP/IP is or even a rudimentary idea of how the internet works.
I couldn't play AAA titles solely because i had to wait 60-80 hrs for it to download.
Online multiplayer was limited to DOTA(awesome game btw) and Clash of Clans.
My friends in different countries couldn't skype with me and forget about playing as a team with them as my pings were always 250+ to Europe and 300+ to US.

I have inquired to Excitel and many many other none of them come to my location. I honestly was going to gather people to sign on a petition to bring some internet provider before this ISP came along.

As I said earlier, check their website and see if the service is available in your area....
Leave a query on their website(chat option)...
If available in your area, they will give a good offer in call back...

Is the reselling okay? because literally no ISP other than MTNL comes to my location probably because of lack of demand for high speed internet.

About the poll: I thought the poll would serve multiple purposes that way.

I will try to plug Ethernet next time.
Thanks for the corrections.
Please do let me know any other improvements i can make.

Edit:
sorry couldn't edit the poll so i set it to close in 1 DAY.
updated the "review" with your information will change title soon as i have one in my head.
Reselling is illegal.

First do the ethernet test. Then, I will be able to let you know further. WiFi is not the best way to do all the networking test.

Why does Servers or Offices uses Ethernet instead of WiFi?

The main reason that I keep on checking different ISP's is that till date I could not get proper 4K streaming (other than youtube) on any ISP irrespective of speed 30/50/ 100Mbps..... so I have decided to stick to the lowest plan 20/ 30Mbps from most reliable ISP..... as well as keep looking for better service.

its because all these new local isps are focusing on quantity over quality. now that bandwidth prices have crashed its very easy to offer cheap 50/100 Mbps plans without fup.

they should focus on improving their quality of service which i doubt they will ever do coz who gives a fu*k when you are already making a profit as it is. moreover the layman janta is satisfied with their youtube and google which works perfectly on these isps because of peering. outside this their network is slower than a snail.
prime example - excitel.
good for torrents, downloading in general, youtube, basic yada yada stuff. outside this their network is soo shit that i cant even stream a video in 720p let alone 1080p without buffering. a fu*king so called 100 Mbps connection incapable of streaming a 1080p video, forget 4k . what a joke.
their speed to international servers su*k balls. anything that is not peered is horse sh*t on excitel + the added packet loss , no static ip, speeds getting halfed on weekends etc.

these issues are just the tip of the iceberg because this is what i face. i am pretty sure there are lot more issues with this isp that i am not aware of.

airtel is probably the best isp in terms on quality. although they are costly af, i cant think of any isp that can match their stability.
i can guess that airtels 20 Mbps will be more than enough to stream 4k videos outside youtube.

No doubt..... Airtel is good....

And do remember... all these years Airtel enjoyed monopoly and looted customer with exorbitant pricing....

Good things will emerge from what you call Horse shit..... it is only these people who have forced Airtel to reduce the prices....

So don't be disheartened... good things are coming...... with or without Airtel...... just keep trying.,...

And it is not that Airtel is absolute in terms quality and service... there are many shortcomings that you might not know....

@ijsa Airtel is using cheapest quality hardware now. In fact for the 5G tech too.

I wouldn't worry much about them since it's their downfall period now.

Their VDSL is a big fail and ADSL is already dead.

To the moderator: Am i allowed to post YouTube video links of the above test and maybe some commentary? I can show more real world performance using videos so please let me know. Thanks! 🙂
P.S. Please correct any posting mistakes i may have made since this is just the second post i have made here.

Yes, you can. Also, keep the thread titles short and to the point.