Review on Tata Sky+ HD True VOD Service (Download Content Via Broadband Internet on Lan Port)

• Thread starter Thread starter madhusudhan7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 21,839
Dear Sir
thnx again for ur quick reply.
can u explain in details with some pictures(if possible) how to connect using data card and router. any specific manual setting is required or it will automatically be connected to internet. Micromax MMX 400R wifi router will work or not as it supports DHCP mode as well as contains sim card slot.

Micromax or any other router wit an option for inserting a 3g sim card directly should work as long as they have a Ethernet port to which TS+ HD can be connected, like i already mentioned all of these routers are DHCP enabled
I've not had a Micromax MMX 400R router hence can't explain with pics etc. I'm using Asus RT-N13U & instructions for setup are on this very forum: https://broadband.forum/tata-indicom-photon-plus/73410-problem-with-photon-internet-sharing/#post561017

----------

would have been nice if i had not used airtel iptv for 2 years.

for me its blah. been there done that.

Yup, similar experience with myself too after i used BSNL IPTV. Nothing new

Here i got an message about it-

any way to transfer downloaded content to external hdd?not enough space in stb and also they have expiry date, files get deleted after some days

madhusudhan7 said:
Micromax or any other router wit an option for inserting a 3g sim card directly should work as long as they have a Ethernet port to which TS+ HD can be connected, like i already mentioned all of these routers are DHCP enabled
I've not had a Micromax MMX 400R router hence can't explain with pics etc. I'm using Asus RT-N13U & instructions for setup are on this very forum:

Dear friend Madhusudan
finally i have decided to purchase wifi 3g router LAVA W150 as it supports DHCP as well as it has one ethernet port(to connect to DTH ethernet port) and one USB port for connecting to 3g data card(i personally use Micromax MMX 350G data card unlocked) . kindly tell me by going through the link for technical specification Welcome To Lava Mobiles ,whether it is ok or not. one more thing i would like to know that when we you first time connect your ASUS N13U rev B1 router to the ethernet port of TS+, , it will be automatically connect and takes all the setting or something we need to do. thnx
lalit

Dear friend Madhusudan
finally i have decided to purchase wifi 3g router LAVA W150 as it supports DHCP as well as it has one ethernet port(to connect to DTH ethernet port) and one USB port for connecting to 3g data card(i personally use Micromax MMX 350G data card unlocked) . kindly tell me by going through the link for technical specification Welcome To Lava Mobiles ,whether it is ok or not. one more thing i would like to know that when we you first time connect your Asus N13U rev B1 router to the ethernet port of TS+, , it will be automatically connect and takes all the setting or something we need to do. thnx
lalit

Yes, the LAVA W150 should do well & work with your setup
I see that the LAVA W150 would cost around 3k INR, personally i would suggest that you consider the Asus RT-N13u over this or any other similar routers with 4 lan connections but again this is only my personal preference - for both Quality & Reliability. IMO the LAVA W150 is only more useful when you need to use it's battery as an alternate power option but i don't see any use for this if you are anyways leaving it connected to the power source

----------

Asus 3g router selling for Rs. 2849 on ebay: Asus RT-N13U 3G / DSL Wireless N Router Print Server | eBay

Same with me.IP settings are not done.

But the demo video on the help page for HD+ talks about downloading videos from internet with a lan connectiom.

I checked and do not see ip settings. Is there a way to force an update? Does the update have to do anything with connecting the ethernet cable?

Cant really say I'm impressed so far. I expected the collection to be small in the beginning but not this small. And to make things worse, its all bollywood movies. I hope this is just a beta testing for Tata Sky coz unless there's a huge catalog of US movies and TV shows, I'm not paying anything for it.

there were a few English movies, but very less compared to hindi

There are only 2 English movies If Only ​and Hotel Rwanda.🙁

Also some of the bollywood movies, mainly superhits, are not even downloading as pointed out by me in another post.

One More Ad::https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq2otu6k_Tc

Tried it today, downloaded the sample video of a minute length in 3 minutes over broadband. But not going to use it, who needs to download Hindi movies and Hindi TV shows? And got my English movies and shows, I have the internet torrents.

Tried it today, downloaded the sample video of a minute length in 3 minutes over broadband. But not going to use it, who needs to download Hindi movies and Hindi TV shows? And got my English movies and shows, I have the internet torrents.

I really do not know so can u tell me from where do u download english movies? will i be needing some torrent supporting software in my laptop? May be i am not up to the time in this respect, but i really never used torrents, just heard about it a lot of times.

Thanks!

I really do not know so can u tell me from where do u download english movies? will i be needing some torrent supporting software in my laptop? May be i am not up to the time in this respect, but i really never used torrents, just heard about it a lot of times.

Thanks!

Just search for 'torrent'. And discuss it elsewhere.