Review of Netconnect+

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Beam Fiber
Hi guys....we just shifted house...just 1 km away from old house and since we suddenly required net for a few days we got reliance netconnectplus!! Since my dad doesn't know the difference between broadband and wireless internet...some bullshit guy offered Reliance netconnect plus saying buy device for 1200 RS and get 6 months internet free! Since my dad doesn't know anything about reliance or its broadband history he took it and since then am stuck with this Bullshit company! and Since i haven't found a single review for netconnet+ i decided to take the honors for writing it! First the plan was gettin 5Gb at 3.1 mbps and then 144kbps( hell i didnt even knew that these speeds are still present in indian market.thought 256 in minimum speed to define it as broadband) i though 5GB? hell i'll complete it in 2-3 days at that speeds!! sadly it was not the case! i most speed i get of this is 512kbps max! while this speed is good for surfing and stuff its extremely difficult for download songs and even youtube is pathetic let alone downloading torrents! the max speed i get is 40-50 in IDM(internet download manager) and in torrents it 20-30KBps ...i know i tried it with different torrent having good number of seeds and seeding-leeching ratio! and on top of that FORGET ABOUT EVEN USING FILESHARING SITES( mediafire, link-removed, etc) WHEN A RELIANCE ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCED MOVIE LAUNCHES...WHICH IS EVERY OTHER DAY ON THE MONTH! THEY AUTOMATICALLY BLOCK THSES SITES!! i even doubt reliance got permission from court to ban these sites from their networks!! Well bottomline is.....SPEEDS ARE SHITTY! PLANS ARE SHITTY! Filesharing sites do not work if a reliance produced movie is playing in theatres (example singham ):Flush::Flush::Flush::Flush:

and Resale Value is also SHITTY ! 😀

I never got speeds beyond 100kbps and got my netconnect+ deactivated. But 512kbps is a very acceptable speed. 3.1mbps is only the upper limit. Reliance's website mentions that on an average speeds will remain around 500-600kbps. You get similar speeds on Tata Photon.The primary purpose of a data card like Reliance Netconnect+ or Tata Photon is web surfing and not heavy downloading. An adsl is what you required in the first place.Still it's a product I will never recommend as my speeds never went beyond 100kbps. I was kept in the dark at the time of purchase that there was network congestion in my area ( which despite promises never got resolved).

heh. reliance and their promises. all usb modem companies make pretty bold claims. in the end, you get a fraction of promised speeds. some users are lucky to be in good coverage low congestion areas.

that is THE problem with wireless broadband. more consumers in a region means everyone gets messed up connectivity. this usually does not happen on wired broadband (unless you are on a lan based service!).

The customer care guys of almost all ISPs are idiots. They don't even have basic knowledge of computer and internet and end up making false promises. But what has really disappointed me is the fall in the level of customer service of companies like Airtel. They used to be awesome but are now horrible to say the least.

Reliance customercare deemed my area to be out of Chennai City's Map, and that i shall get speeds of 144kbps only , from that day onwards my netconnect+ is just another card reader on my desk 🙂

Even I showed me Delhi Many a times although I am in Mumbai. Same things happens with Tata Photon too many a times.

512 kbps is good speed for netconnect, I usually get around 200kbps. Iam waiting for LTE launch until then we would be stuck with such ridiculous speed for mobile broadband.

LTE is a long way to go. Even US carriers have not been able to offer LTE in all coverage areas. The 3G signals are still not very stable in many parts and the pricing absurd to say the least. In such a scenario LTE is a very distant prospect.

Reliance (Mukhesh Ambani's group) is likely to launch its LTE service by this year end. Other players like Airtel, Aircel are likely to launch in early 2012, so LTE launch is not that far away in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.