Review of 128kbps unlimited product AULM

• Thread starter Thread starter sidgupta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 8,254

sidgupta

ISP
TATA
Daytime : after 9 amspeed is pretty average and really fluctuatingconnection maxes out at 10 KB/s and average is 8 KB/sNight 10:30 pm (roughly) onwardsspeeds start to pick on with the connections max speed upto 20KB/s and average speed 16KB/slasts till 9 am on the foll morninweird stuff on the connection : sometimes when im logged out of the sify client forcefully net continues to work????Opinion : Better than my last conection(Binwire)Location : Mumbai

It might be this pack is available only in mumbai-----one of mumbai's special pack---a case of differential pricing

Maybe it's a test run they are having of it in Mumbai. Considering how fickle-minded Sify is about its packages, hope it comes to Delhi before getting changed majorly for the worse (like maybe a higher price or some speed limit or something)

dont wrry bout that m8 MTNL is comin adn its gonna offer ya its services frm 1st of Jan , and then sify will hav to reduce its prices, so expect another price list in 10-15 days. :lol:

I dont trust MTNL.....they said they were starting GPRS services on it's mobile phones from Oct 2nd but havent done it yet....but yes when they lanch services, they will drag prices down......but hey i read in newspaper this morning.....they hinted at pricing.....100 MB 128kbps for Rs 200........don't think that this is much different frm sify

yup it aint much difference but there hourly packages rock but they do not give unlimited hour and downlaod packages so maybe sify wont reduce the prices of the packages we use.

But are you sure there are no hidden download restrictions on this pack?

sid... talk to ur cto if he can provide us with userids running on this package. the userids are valid throughout india so i guess i can use it here.

Originally posted by sidgupta@Dec 15 2004, 09:45 AM
Daytime : after 9 am
connection maxes out at 10 KB/s and average is 8 KB/s

Night 10:30 pm (roughly) onwards
speeds start to pick on with the connections max speed upto 20KB/s and average speed 16KB/s

[snapback]3188[/snapback]
[/quote]

Even i called today sify on the first call they said there is no such pack.Then i called the again this another rep picked up my call i said do u kno abt such & such pack He said yes their is a pack i asked abt the limits he said me same as the night unlimited pack except that it is 24X7 for 1MNTH.

ABt the speed as it is the shared pack the speed will obvisuosly fluctuate dependin upon the no. of customers hooked on this particular pack

I suppose we should wait for atleast this month before we come to any conclusion of buyin this pack as BSNL is soon to launch its DATAONE service

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 15 2004, 10:12 PM
won't happen for me in panchkula 🙁
[snapback]3214[/snapback]
[/quote]

No man think positive

oh. i am thinking positive. i am planning to go to a national newspaper. give them a great amount of content on sify broadband. and maybe we can make big news on how they are messing with the optionless users.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 15 2004, 11:08 PM
how they are messing with the optionless users.
[snapback]3216[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think u r right they r messing with our money and also the bandwidth .If im not mistaken in US people r gettin 3Mb line connections and here we r hopin to get an unlimited 128kbps connections wat a luck