[REVIEW] BSNL 2799 Home Combo 8mbps

GadgetGuru12

Regular
ISP
BSNL Home 1800
Hi..I took this connection few days back and is semi-satisfied with it. Here are the PROS and CONS of it.PROS :1. 8mbps speed.2. Download speed can go upto 1MB/sec.3. Limit of 50GB, which is great for me.CONS :1. The connection is 8mbps, but the browsing speed seems less than even a 2mbps connection, which makes me crazy, as we have to do a lot of web applications and that sucks with such a connection. 2. Got connection in 1 day, but it took 2 days to get it right for download speed , as the port speed needs to be edited manually on calling the JTE only.3. Havent got the real experience of 8mbps till now, since the JTE said, for 8mbps, you need a new pair connected for you in the exchange, which I have already applied for to the local exchange head , but not sure, when its going to be changed.

To make web browsing a little smoother you can try using google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 servers and a browser like latest Firefox, Chrome which do things like DNS-prefetching to speed up browsing a little... other than that there is high lag/latency on Indian net connections in general which makes browsing not as responsive as you would expect on an 8mbps plan (I have the same plan).

Just changed it to DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in DNS RELAY and DNS CLIENT modem pages.Lets see.I had 4 there with some 218 285 bla bla bla..