Returning Triband Modem (for Your Own)

ISP
MTNL triband
hey frnds.i m using triband since a year. (MTNL mumbai)i just got my own routeri went to mtnl office to return their modem..........firstly they sent me here n there from this office to that officethen i met one person (officer of tht center) he said u can not return the modem since there is no provision in there software to change the setting for customer owned CPE/ mtnl CPEhence even if i return the router the rental will keep comin in the billdoes ne body know the solution?????????filhaal i will try their service numbersP.S. "Why everybody in the govt offices want to give their own suggestions, even when nt asked for?"

U cant return a modem which u own.....PS: they giv their suggestion..so that they can help u

well as far as making a change in the billing system is concerned, they are lying to u coz they did make that change in my case. Actually i use my own modem but they were charging me rs 80 per month since the connection was installed at my place. I noticed it after about 4-5 months and brought it to their knowledge and they promptly made the change. Now my bill is minus the extra 80 bucks they were charging me.BTW i live in Delhi

kash i lived in delhi......muze help karne ke bajaye... woh muze suggestion dene lage.......aapko yeh idea kisne diya .....mtnl lifetime service deta hain modem ki ........u shoudlnt change the modem n all thatby the way what procedure u followedi hope one day we get rid of all paper work involved----work order n (xxxx) n what not

QUOTE(lookintothematrix @ Jun 29 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]54791[/snapback]
kash i lived in delhi......[/b]

Oops !!!
Seems this guy missed out some imp thing frm mumbai !!!! 😀

Sue them for unfair trade practise in the form of a forced tie-in agreement; forcing the consumer to rent router from them with their service. Imo refusing to change internet+cpe plan to internet only is forcing the consumer to continue using cpe even if the initial choice was consumer's. Then again, the terms and conditions never said that a plan once subscribed cannot be altered later. Try conveying this to the biggies / consumer grievance cell through email; that might work, you never know.

QUOTE(nocaps @ Jun 30 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]54820[/snapback]
Sue them for unfair trade practise in the form of a forced tie-in agreement; forcing the consumer to rent router from them with their service. Imo refusing to change internet+cpe plan to internet only is forcing the consumer to continue using cpe even if the initial choice was consumer's. Then again, the terms and conditions never said that a plan once subscribed cannot be altered later. Try conveying this to the biggies / consumer grievance cell through email; that might work, you never know.
[/b]

ya good idea....
definitely one option......

i m trying their technical officers......
i wd like to know if neone in mumbai has tried the same thing as me

i did nt face ne prob wit regards to the samelike every1 else i tuk the modem/router on rent.. altho i used it a bit longer .. almost 5-6 mths before returnin it..i did nt face ne probs while returnin .. tho to be safe i returned it on arnd 24th of the month.. n gav a letter in writin...the exchange is jus 5 mins frm my place.. so thot of givin in writin.. better to be safe thn sorry

Mumbayite,what u say makes sense. You have to apply in writing for the same. MTNL is sometimes short of adsl routers also. They will happily accept it back.