Reservation - your take on it

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Folks on TE would realise this is a duplicate thread of what I created over there, so apologies for the double post. This is for those who aren't there.---------------------------------------All the hullabaloo around the movie Aarakshan, and the way a few State govts have reacted to it, begs a question - Is reservation really controversial? Isn't it a way of life now? I therefore was curious if folks think reservation is good or bad. Have you ever been impacted? Please avoid targetting individuals or communities. Thanks

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Its a classic situation of a "glass - half full or half empty". Different viewpoints. Each have their pluses and minuses. My personal concern is that reservation though justifiable in some cases, is wrongly abused & that is a concern.

rockingtushar

Regular
Regulars
It sucks big time.!!! I lost my IIT seat to it. Reservations are a violation of right to equality.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Impacted - Yes & No. when I completed my +2 , a "rich" SC/ST fellow-mate got some 7-8% less and was able to do an engineering course, which I, being middle-class was not "eligible", but was interested at that time . Was not a major regret - was able to do it the Bsc/MCA route & get into the career of my choice

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
I got screwed for both RECs and IITs simultaneously. In both cases, my classmates with far worse ranks were able to comfortably get in by a show of their certificate - not merit, the caste one.

devx101

Senior
Regulars
unfortunately the quality of students coming from reservation is really bad or to be true pathetic. i have seen psu's coming to campuses just for one or two reserved posts, then also they ar nt able to fill those as the quality is so bad. And ocassionally who do get in are really up in shambles.this is my personal exp.

rockingtushar

Regular
Regulars
This is a disgrace to the nation. All castes should be de-recognized by the Government and all reservations of all sorts except maybe sports quota and handicap quota should be removed.

devx101

Senior
Regulars
This is a disgrace to the nation. All castes should be de-recognized by the Government and all reservations of all sorts except maybe sports quota and handicap quota should be removed.

that is unlikely to happen even till 2025. no party is showing any signs of a phase out plan, it is not even talked. the votebank associated are to large to leave.

we may allow fdi in retail, defence this that.. but a reservation phase out is an acchut topic.