Research Report: Which mobile phone brand has the best resale value in the market?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 9,341

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
http://androidheadlines.com/2013/05/new-data-shows-which-smart-phones-lose-their-value-the-fastest-motorola-the-worst.html
The top 10 depreciating brands of 2012:
1. Motorola – (Lost 31.63% over 90 days)
2. Sony Ericsson – (Lost 24.41% over 90 days)3. HTC – (Lost 17.82% over 90 days)
4. Google – (Lost 17.75% over 90 days)5. BlackBerry – (Lost 15.79% over 90 days)
6. Samsung – (Lost 12.99% over 90 days)7. Sony – (Lost 9.78% over 90 days)
8. Nokia – (Lost 9.03% over 90 days)9. Apple – (Lost 8.73% over 90 days)
10. LG – (Lost 0.58% over 90 days)
Not at all surprised seeing Motorola topping the list.

LG doing best? Lame.

I think that is because no one buys a second hand LG phone 😛
Actually just realizing. The report is probably US based and Google Nexus 4 is probably the most popular LG smartphone in the market right now. So that explains it.
But then they have a separate entry for Google so never mind.

Maybe in LG's case the value is already so low, that there is pretty much nothing to loose really

hehe. LG is a very small player in the US market i think... so your point probably is true.

i remember how only left handers in my college used motorola back in the days 🙂
yes moto is a brand to reckon with in US markets but LG is pushed down the throat in contracts.AT&T gives killer offers with LG and Huawei phones..but still i am not sure that people would buy it,that too second hand...maybe LG did well in this result thanks to NEXUS 4,since lot of people sold it withing a day of buying for a better price when it was newly launched.