Required : Dialing Procedure For 220bx

• Thread starter Thread starter xxbomb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,929

xxbomb

Hey guys...previously i was on a USB modem(WD-1),the only way to connect thru that was through the dialer thingy..Got the modem replaced..now i have 220BX..(from quite a time actually).....the guy who installed it has it in the PPPoE mode,always ON method (required to swith off the modem to disconnect)What i want is how can i make this modem to use a dialer to connect (& authenticate ) a connection.I understand it has got to do with setting up the conn to bridged mode & some other stuff..but dont know how to do it...🙁in lame mans word i want a procedure so that to connect to internet it must use a dialer & for disconnections it must'nt rely on me turning off the modem .Any help would be very helpful thankyou 🙂.

common....nobody .........???

If you don't mind, post the instructions, in case any one else has the same question!

brodge mode makes the pings a lil higher ... so if people want to game ... its' bad idea to go Bridge mode...any reason for this??

It doesnt make pings any higher.It helps in eliminating NAT issues thereby solving any connectivity/speed problems that u may be having due to it.If u have only a single computer connected to the internet, there is simply no benefit in using PPPoE as unnecessarily u have to do portforwarding n stuff. If u have multiple computers or other devices that need simultaneous connectivity to the net then obviously the PPPoE logon method in the modem is the best option. And as far as security aspect of PPPoE is concerned, a software firewall on ur computer with bridge mode is more than adequate