Require new internet connection in JP Nagar 8th Phase Bangalore

I would like to know the service of tikona and other broadband details.I heard that they have a lot of issue legal notices even after discontinuation of services and use lawyers to contact.I have already lost my money with Mr.Mani from G broadband who had promised connection last year and is till yet to provide connection.I suggest we team up as a group and send a request to airtel,you broadband, act etc.

So as promised here I am after using Tikona more than a month with my honest review about this ISP.
Before you continue reading please understand that this is my personal experience, I am not speaking from a general stand-point and you should consider researching yourself before taking any ISP.
By the end of the day reviews of anything are personal experience and it varies person-to-person.
So with that said lets dive right into Tikona ISP review for JP Nagar 8th Phase - Nayak Layout - Banaglore. I will break it down into chunks.

• Customer Service:- Good.
There is a slight holding time till you get connected & its not very prompt like Airtel but its good and the people you speak to are cordial.

• Connection Stability:- Stable.
After a week of installation I got a downtime of 1 hour and after that till the point of writing this review I haven't had any disconnection of any sort until now. The downtime was because of some error in Bangalore server, at least that's what the customer service representative told me.

• Speed:- Very Good (this one will be a long review)

Downloading & Browsing

When I say 'very good' I am talking from a 4.0/mbps speed stand point. When shifting to 8th Phase JP NGR my biggest concern was speed. I work on VPN and I need 2.0/mbps the least to get my work done and I am 24/7 connected to the web. Like every other Indian, I was really concerned about taking any ISP connection apart from Airtel. However when these guys say 4.0/mbps they mean it. I get uninterrupted browsing speed of 3.2/mbps - 3.6/mbps. And my file transfers through VPN to Chennai & Mumbai are good (not that fast but I can live with it). When I say file transfer I am not talking about MS Word or PDF. I work in the VFX industry and I am transferring gigabytes of data for feature film work. An example would be (vaguely) - 8-9GIG of data output from Chennai studio's data-base comes to my workstation within 5hrs-6hrs and for me that's more than enough.

Skype calls & GoToMeeting works flawless even on international calls. Youtube and vimeo are fast, no buffering even on HD.
Sites I open like Artstation or Behance are really fast even though they are heavy.

On torrent downloads, depending on where you are downloading from - the speed varies and I get around 800-900/kbps in torrent. Sometimes if the seeds are more I get around 1.2/mbps - so this is okay. However before coming to 8th Phase I used use 8.0/mbps Airtel and the torrent download speed was around 1.4/mbps. I don't know if I am right, but I think downloads in India is capped with certain ratio.
My JDownloader 2.0 gives me 1.2/mbps speed almost constantly. Its faster than torrents (at least for me).

Uploading
We are cursed forever with a capped uploading. Well its frankly okay, this is true even for Airtel. Uploading in Indian ISP is a pain and Tikona is no different. Since I use VPN its not a big deal but if I need to upload something it takes a while. That's the short and direct review about uploading. I am not sure how ACT or other ISP providers are. I have used Airtel, currently subscribed to BSNL and TIKONA and all these ISP have around 512/kbps upload speed or something.

• Miscellaneous:- Good
Bill payment is very straight forward like Airtel or any other. Bill generates on every 7th, so does your FUP. I had a speed fluctuation after my FUP got over for the first time and believe it or not for three days I enjoyed 9.0/mbps speed and if any one is wondering how I have the time to write this long review its because all my work has been uploaded and downloaded and I am a little free because of that fluctuation. I downloaded a lot in three days. On steam I downloaded almost 40 GB of free games. I called up customer care to confirm they won't charge me and they have no idea about it. I got lucky and I hope I get lucky every time my FUP gets over 🙂
On the third day - afternoon I was pushed down to a pathetic fall to 512/kbps.

When you log into your account you can see all your usage data and your FUP limits. Everyday you must log-in to your Tikona server once (irritating for two days then you get used to it).

I am posting few links to videos I have recorded for people and screenshots.

So hopefully my review will help someone, I am not sure how Tikona is on a long run. I have been using it for around 40 days and I am satisfied. If there are any problems I promise to write about it here.

I recommend anyone living in 8th Phase to go with Tikona. So over all on a scale of 10.0 I give Tikona 7.5
And that is because of the stupid upload speed.

Here is a video I recorded of how Tikona browsing works - About Tikona - govindkrishna's library

And few images:

t1.JPG

t2.JPG

t3.JPG

Hello Guys,

I have been following this forum and this thread from past couple of days. I have request of my own.

I residing at JP Nagar 5th phase, near to Vijar Car wheel alignment centre. I had requested for Airtel BB Connection but it was rejected due to DP box full and Premise far away from DP Box.

As most of the JP nagar 5th Phase is covered by Airtel. I do not know which ISP to go for. G Broadband reviews are not good. I do not want to deal with Pain in the ass kind of peoples.

Please suggest me a ISP for this locality. My usuage will be around 70-80 GB per month. I usually DL around 20 Movies par month and most of usage will be streamng sites and games of FB.

Please help me in getting a better ISP.

Thanks
Vikram

Hello Guys,

I have been following this forum and this thread from past couple of days. I have request of my own.

I residing at JP Nagar 5th phase, near to Vijar Car wheel alignment centre. I had requested for Airtel BB Connection but it was rejected due to DP box full and Premise far away from DP Box.

As most of the JP nagar 5th Phase is covered by Airtel. I do not know which ISP to go for. G Broadband reviews are not good. I do not want to deal with Pain in the ass kind of peoples.

Please suggest me a ISP for this locality. My usuage will be around 70-80 GB per month. I usually DL around 20 Movies par month and most of usage will be streamng sites and games of FB.

Please help me in getting a better ISP.

Thanks
Vikram

NO UPDATES??/

I just spoke to a representative at Tikona, who is willing to provide services beyond Jambu Savari Dinne provided we are able to install access points within 500 mtrs. While the speed is capped at 4 Mpbs they (reviewed by a member earlier) they do not have any serious down time. It is unfortunate that there is no other decent service provider available at 8th phase.

I'm relocating to 8th Phase too , near DS Max sunscape apartments. Was taken aback when the Airtel folks said that my current broadband connection cannot be shifted there due to infeasibility. Searched around in the internet and found this thread 🙂. Anyone here having broadband in this area (Vasanth vallabh nagar) of 8th Phase? Read this thread and Tikona seems to be the only choice with +ve feedback. I'd prefer a fixed line internet over wireless . Is applying for BSNL a good idea? Also, any feedback on airtel 4G in this area?

Hello Everyone,

I relocated to JP Nagar 7th phase Gourav Nagar in May.
It has been a painful experience to get an internet connection in this area.

Below is my experience with different providers.

1. Applied for BSNL broadband 4mbps speed paying 1800rs. Speed was pathetic coming around 1.5mbps after repetitive request in BSNL exchange(Gourav Nagar CSC) they did not rectify it. so choose to disconnect and apply for airtel.

2. Airtel guys took installation amount and finally told DP Box full and no connection can be given.
From past 14 days fighting to get back the installation amount back.

After checking this thread I feel all the residents of JP Nagar 7th phase/8th phase have issues and all are in same boat.

Currently I have requested connection from yashtel ( prateek network solutions) to provide a connection, hoping the service is good. Since no one here provided their experience with them.

Can anyone who use yashtel give a honest review about it and their services ?

Regards

Got Airtel BB Connection in JP Nagar 5th Phase. Apparently they needed some extra wiring or something, After rejecting it, they gave the connection eventually. Its been 1 month now. I am very happy with Airtel.

Hi appleofedin,

I just moved to JP nagar 8th phase and looking for BB connection as Airtel and Act has declined saying they donot have feasibility in JP Nagar 8th phase. Tried calling the number which u gave "munni swamy" and he said there no feasibility of Tikona BB connecton in JP nagar. Can you please tell me where exactly are you in 8th phase. I m in 1st A block near water tank right next to Y.R furniture shop before JUMBSAVARI DINNE bus stop. Ca you please help in this.

Regards,

Uttam

Hi guys,

I can help you by sharing my personal experience. Though I am looking for a better alternatives (wireless preferred), but I can tell you that you can try Tikona. Its a reliable connection. Though there are some downtime because of one specific issue which is unavailability of the access point from the main tour but the customercare guys are really active. Although they will tell u to wait for 8 hours but normally its done by within 2 hours unless the problem occurs in the night. I can tell you its the only problem which I face otherwise I am satisfied with their connection. I recommend you to take 700/450 plan where you will get 25GB/10GB data limit with 2MBPS/1MBPS speed and after FUP its 512 KBPS unlimited. I am using the 450 (513 including tax) plan and in an average my total data transfer is 100GB+/month. My main problem is that post-FUP 512 KBPS is not sufficient to stream high definition videos online. That's why I want to shift but still now no alternative is there (or may be I could not find out). One alternative you can check is BSNL EVDO but its subject to the network signal inside your home. Hope it helps. Thanks.

Hi guys,

I can help you by sharing my personal experience. Though I am looking for a better alternatives (wireless preferred), but I can tell you that you can try Tikona. Its a reliable connection. Though there are some downtime because of one specific issue which is unavailability of the access point from the main tour but the customercare guys are really active. Although they will tell u to wait for 8 hours but normally its done by within 2 hours unless the problem occurs in the night. I can tell you its the only problem which I face otherwise I am satisfied with their connection. I recommend you to take 700/450 plan where you will get 25GB/10GB data limit with 2MBPS/1MBPS speed and after FUP its 512 KBPS unlimited. I am using the 450 (513 including tax) plan and in an average my total data transfer is 100GB+/month. My main problem is that post-FUP 512 KBPS is not sufficient to stream high definition videos online. That's why I want to shift but still now no alternative is there (or may be I could not find out). One alternative you can check is BSNL EVDO but its subject to the network signal inside your home. Hope it helps. Thanks.

Hey Tan,

Where do you stay. In JP nagar 8th phase????