Require new internet connection in JP Nagar 8th Phase Bangalore

Moved to JP nagar 8th phase, BDA layout which is adjacent to Nayak Layout. We have been using airtel broadband for 7 years now. Since airtel broadband is not available in JP nagar 8th Phase. We got a G Broadband connection. Just 3 weeks into subscription and we got it disconnected. TERRIBLE customer service.. Local guys who are managing G broadband are never available in their office and neither do they pick calls. In 3 weeks of subscription - 1 week he took for getting us a router, he took another one week to configure, net worked for 2 days and it stopped working...after constant efforts to contact them for 3 days..they pick the call and say "its working' from our end...we got it disconnected..please do not opt for G broadband

does anyone know if we can expect airtel broadband anytime soon? if we are a good number of people - we can reach out to airtel and submit a request.

Please share the number of Pratik n/w solutions if you have?

I have also been a victim of extremely bad service provided by G broadband, i had taken a six months package and was given service for only 4 after which the net stopped working completely. In spite of repeatedly calling and mailing nothing really happened and i had to switch back to BSNL. I lost almost 2 months rental that i had paid upfront.

I later switched to MTS, which is equally bad in terms of speed and sometimes does not work at all.

Hey everyone,

I was reading through all your posts and I am really worried about moving to JP NAGR 8th Phase (personal reasons).
I am in 5th Phase now with an Airtel connection and now that's not available in 8th Phase.

I called up ACT and they don't have feasibility there either. G Broadband seems very unreliable - "a big thanks to all those who took time to write the review, really helps others." I need to be on VPN for my work and without minimum 4MBPS I am not sure what I am going to do. Airtel 4G is so god-damn expensive and most people have bad experience with 4G in Bangalore.

Prateek Network (Yashtel) said they don't have connection in Nayak Layout and only till Gaurav Nagar 🙄

Tikona I am not sure about it - hope its good and hope they have connection to 8th Phase. A brief reviews about Tikona anyone, please? Customer service, connectivity reliability?

The other option is City or BSNL - surprisingly BSNL is expensive too.

Regards

do a bit of a research. you would discover that a large part of america is still stuck on dialup.

do a bit of a research. you would discover that a large part of america is still stuck on dialup.

Yeah sure. I agree to that - however, their major cities probably aren't. Bengaluru is the IT hub of India !!
And my phrase is out of my frustration!

To add to that, rcom has unlimited pro3 revB for 999. You might to want to check that out too. I've heard good things about the revB network in Bangalore.

I *think* it does not have any FUP. Verify the same with the store.

Then again, wireless should be your last option.

Well I will check that out - Thank You!

But this is what the users say about RCOM broadband - RELIANCE BROADNET BROADBAND - Reviews | Broadband | Wireless | Ratings

Last edited:
bangalore has act which has a pretty wide coverage. compare that to mumbai and delhi now.

bangalore has act which has a pretty wide coverage. compare that to mumbai and delhi now.
That's truly a relief to hear but all of us here living in JP NAGAR 8th Phase aren't in the covered area:envy:

Seems like RCOM's thunder plan has some good tariff and might cover 8th Phase but the reviews make you think twice. Guys anyone using this in & around JP NAGAR 7th or 8th Phase?

Even though in the webpage ACT says they don't cover JP NAGAR at all, I spoke to them and they said that they will send some to check tomorrow near my home - Nayak Layout. I truly pray that it is available :angel:.

and i am in gurgaon. google's office is walking distance from my house. and i do not expect fiber to ever land in my area because none of the players have any interest in targeting older sectors where you have to cover each house independently by laying down fresh wires and there is no guarantee that you would gain a significant number of subscribers to make the effort successful. get over it. a lot of us are in the same situation.

there are folks on the forum whose only mode of internet connectivity is through EDGE network on their phones.

and i am in gurgaon. google's office is walking distance from my house. and i do not expect fiber to ever land in my area because none of the players have any interest in targeting older sectors where you have to cover each house independently by laying down fresh wires and there is no guarantee that you would gain a significant number of subscribers to make the effort successful. get over it. a lot of us are in the same situation.

there are folks on the forum whose only mode of internet connectivity is through EDGE network on their phones.

Well a man can wish. Besides, just because some one is using EDGE doesn't mean I shouldn't try and get a good decent connection for my needs. So why get over it?
And I need it for VPN and rendering my work on farms located in Chennai & Pune.
And chromaniac - if you have ever been to Bangalore, there is very less "old sectors" here - everything in this city is new, cause for both the excitement & chaos.

@appleofedin

Reliance Pro3. This is what I was referring to.

Reliance guys didn't respond to me after I registered my interest. :speechless:

Anyway, sticking to the thread topic; for those of you in JP NAGAR 8th Phase curious on what step I took - well I went with TIKONA :wondering:. So far their service has satisfied me and the demo speed was good, not exceptional but good. At least for me I can get my work done.
After a month or so I shall put up a stats on how my experience was with TIKONA.

Till then - good luck guys. DO post if Airtel or ACT shows up in 8th Phase (any time soon is unlikely).

Regards
-AOE

Hey folk,

If any of you are interested in TIKONA, here is the detail of the local guy

Munni Swamy - +91 9880847361

Call him, he will fix everything for you including new connection applications.

Today is my first day with TIKONA ISP, I shall post a review here soon.

Regards