Require new internet connection in JP Nagar 8th Phase Bangalore

ISP
looking for new ISP
Hello,
I have just moved to JP Nagar 8th phase in bangalore and I am looking for a new internet connection. I have already contact ACT and Airtel and they do not provide connections at my address.
My address is
[color=#800080;][font="'trebuchet ms'"][SIZE=10pt]SK Nataraj Layout, 1st Cross, Kothanur Dinne Main road, JP Nagar 8th Phase, Bangalore - 560078[/color][/font][/SIZE]
[color=#800080;][font="'trebuchet ms'"][SIZE=10pt]I am not including the house # for obvious reasons. [/color][/font][/SIZE]
I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations as to which other ISP i can contact for a connection in the above mentioned area.

try for BSNL.i would say that would be the best

Guys, I also stay in the same locality - SK Nataraja Layout, 1st Cross, JP Nagar 8th Phase. I have check with Airtel, BSNL, ACT, Tikona and none of them have feasibility here for a wired broadband connection. Any other service providers here which I can go for ???

Hi, I also live in JP Nagar 8th Phase. I am currently using BSNL (which is pathetic, especially for gaming).
But the last week of Nov, I saw OFC (optical fiber cabling) work being done there.
This gives some hope for a ISP to start providing service there.
Does any one have any idea, as to which ISP is getting it done?

Hi Someshwar, where did you see the OFC work happening? Maybe i can try and figure it out... and also where in 8th phase do you stay, I mean atleast a land mark if not the entire address. I am planning to make a list of people who are interested in internet connections in this area so that I can submit a letter to Airtel to look at providing connection in this area. also i am checking with local cable operators

I am not sure about city internet and I willing to try them and let you know. Do you have any contact details?
A few days back I have switched to G broadband out of desperation. Requested for the connection on 28th Jan and got the internet connection on 16th of Feb. These guys provide 10mbps with 90gb FUP using OFC. Post FUP connection drops to 1mbps. They charge 1000rs for installation and 1900rs for the package. Let me caution you, G broadband is run by locals and their customer service is horrible. Let me know If you need the contact details for the provider.

Thanks Renegade,
I just spoke with the City Internet guy, they are providing 10 mbps for 900/- with 50GB FUP and after that the speed drops to 256 kbps.
On top of that, it's WiMAX(like Tikona).
So it seems that the G-Broadband is a better option than this.
Anyway, here is the number of the City Internet guy: 9060000127.
Can you please share the number for G-Broadband?

Contact details for G-broadband.
First point of contact :
Mani - 9880489862
Second point of contact (Use this number in the future when Mani does not answer the call):
Maadesh - 9900026671

Wow I just spoke to the city internet guy. They have 25mbs plans with 50gn fup, but their tariffs are insanely high. They are charging 2500 for this plan and 2500 for device installation which is non refundable 🙁
Anyways, I will give this a try and see how it is.

I have used the connection from these guys (G-Broadband) before.
I remembered, when you gave Mani's number.
They are a pain in the ass to deal with. My internet would be down for days and no one would pick my call.
Do, let me know how is G-Broadband serving you so far?
I was using Tikona, and I feel you should give that a try.
They have a 1499/- plan with 4mbps speed and NO FUP.
I was happy with it, the only reason why I got it disconnected was, due to a new building being constructed in my neighborhood, the signal strength got reduced and I faced frequest internet outages.
I am currently using BSNL, the speeds are consistent. But it's VERY laggy.
I have given up online gaming completely. 🙁
Tikona, used to give quite good pings on Asian and European servers.

Renegade now that you've been using G-Broadband for quite a while now just wanted to get your feedback and review on the same.
Also, how often and long do you face the outages?

Thanks

I have been using G broadband now for a little over a month. The maximum download speed I get for my 10Mbps connection is around 700kbps. It has never gone over this speed. In terms of uptimes, I have not yet had an issue with the connection per say. However, they have this switch and a media converter on the roof top that require power and this is an issue. First of all they use a very cheap quality plug to provide power the above mentioned devices. The quality is so poor that in a span of 2 weeks that plug snapped into 2 pieces.
I had a downtime of 2 days when this happened. I obviously called Mr Mani, who claimed that he would come and fix it in less than 30 mins. Neither him nor his techs came to fix it. I again called over and over again about 6 times and finally he sent a person to fix the plug.
The tech who came to fix it took an easy way out and he just plugged the 2 wires of the electricity cable to the power outlet, used an insulation tape to hold them in place and left.
Ofcourse after this the connection was back up and running but the poor quality of execution was major issue. The switch and the media convertor are lying on the terrace floor and I am sure if it rains heavily, the two devices are going to blow and maybe the maybe take the entire buildings power along with them.
Overall, this is a crappy ISP to have. They have no morals or ethics. They do have customer handling skills. No quality of service. I cant stay without an internet connection and hence have to put up with this garbage equivalent of a ISP.