Require new internet connection in JP Nagar 8th Phase Bangalore

Following up on my review on Tikona. It's been more than an year now, and I am removing that horrendous connection and going with TataDocomo (3mbps until 60GB and 1mbps after that - ₹1400 + 14% tax) for now.

Every time I look at the news and think, ah! my country is growing - Tikona is a constant reminder of how backward we are in internet connectivity. No, I am not being ungrateful, I am ready to pay money for a decent connection but this area, which is super crowded but doesn't have a decent ISP.
AirTel says they will take another year to come to JP NGR 8th Phase and Jamb Savari.
How sad we have to rely on one ISP

I promised to be honest so here goes my final review on Tikona. So 6 months after installation, all seemed good (look at my previous posts on Tikona). Occasional disconnection but nothing major. Speed was constant.
After that the dreadful disconnection started. Reality surfaced on how their rated Tikona is, like all other wanna-be amateurish company providing ISP other than AirTel (I have had bad experience with AirTel too, but not on this scale).

From almost 8 months now, I am not having a single day without disconnection, since I started going to work, this wasn't a big deal. Until recently I am working more from home and it's such a pain. Every 15-30 min the internet disconnects, calling customer care is easy (thank god!). But they give the same BS solutions. I must have registered the same complaint like 30-40 times (not joking), after an hour of switching off the power, the internet comes back up and then disconnects again.I am not going t pay the bill and let them go to hell, but not a single penny is going to go from my end to these people.

For those of who are in 8TH Phase, if you choose to go with Tikona, be careful - it's very unreliable.

PROS:

1. Constant speed - no fluctuation
2. Quick custom care connectivity. However that doesn't mean your problem will be solved

CONS

1. Extreme disconnections
2. The local field-engi's are lazy as hell, they will not come to do anything and just report to Tikona that the problem is solved.
3. Energy-less customer care, every time you call you get this feeble voice greeting you and half the time they don't understand what you are saying.
4. They will annoy the hell out of you, if you miss your payment deadline. In a day you will get at least 3 calls and messages reminding you to pay

That's it for Tikona everyone. Lets hope AirTel or something better shows up in this area soon.

Regards

Last edited:
Well.. I Wont Just Agree With You... Tikona Engeneer is a Noob, I agree... Let me jzt give u a suggestion... Find the over roof receiver to which you are connected... elevate it as much as possible. The Higher it is, the more stable and faster is your internet... Believe me.. For Disconnections, try this trick... It will work..

Hello guys!
Ive been following this thread closely since i moved to Jp nagar 7th phase- Santhrupthi Nagar. Thank you all for providing valuable info. I started using airwire broadband connection by Prateek network solutions(30Mbps plan)and Im quite satisfied with their services. They offer FTTH connections and there are no speed issues so far. I was suggested of this network by my neighbour. So far so good.
Thank you!

Yet another frustrated customer of G broadband aka K broadband, I am put up in Royal County Layout near Jambusavari Dinne, I went through this thread can someone suggest which ISP should I switch to? I am looking for a reliability than speed any reviews on Prateek or BSNL or any other?

BSNL now offers unlimited 3G @1,099

Can you please share your experience with BSNL, my neighbor has been facing too many interruptions with BSNL

From 9th September onwards Bsnl going to launch uld broadband connection for new subscriber @249p.m
Cheapndeal Great BSNL.

Do you have ACT Fibernet??
In JP Nagar 7th Phase they are giving connections now. They are using OFC cables and their speed & service is usually good.

I'm currently using the Hathway Broadband (50Mbps) and its good except every now and then it will disconnect, but once book a complaint it has been rectified within 1 day. (I'm residing near GR Lavender Apartments, near to MS Ramaiah City at JP Nagar 7th Phase).

Yet another frustrated customer of G broadband aka K broadband, I am put up in Royal County Layout near Jambusavari Dinne, I went through this thread can someone suggest which ISP should I switch to? I am looking for a reliability than speed any reviews on Prateek or BSNL or any other?

Please enquire about the ACT Fibernet! They are providing the connections now at BR Circle and surrounding areas now!
They are using OFC cables and providing speeds upto 100 Mbps & service is usually good. If its not available then you can try the Hathway Broadband. In some areas their service is good and in others may not be!

I'm currently using the Hathway Broadband (50Mbps) and its good except every now and then it will disconnect, but once book a complaint it has been rectified within 1 day. (I'm residing near GR Lavender Apartments, near to MS Ramaiah City at JP Nagar 7th Phase).

Well Guys.. I did read about the G Broadband.. Now G broadband in JP Nagar 8th phase is "Best".. Lemme Explain how!
At first, G-Broadband for JP nagar 8th phase was in the contract of some one else (The current K Broadband People)..
So, Now G Broadband is back to the hands of its owners ... Its completely fail-proof and an awesome ISP now...
I Have been Using it, But have never had a complaint!..
I promise, If you get a problem because of this ISP, I will subsidize the Month's charges....
Now, G Broadband stands at its best...
You complaints will be attended and be rectified within 5 Hours

Hello,

I have recently moved to bilekahalli area and require Tata docomo connection.Please help with the plans and review on the service.