require info abt golden hours

i'm talkin about a torrent here how to preview a torrent which has not completed yet???? Incomplete avi files which i dwld thru limewire can be previewed using divx player but i'm talkin but an unfinished torrent here.

hey what exactly are u tryin to say ??incomplete torrent in sense of what ??incomplete rar files or incomplete avi or mpg files ???u shud enable giving priority (in BT client) to first and last piece of file (in BT client) and then your avi files can be previewed in AVI preview.i think 10 % download is quite necessary.

if you are using bitcomet, it has a video player to see incompleted video files. but remember only video files, it wont be able to see from rar or zip files.i think you will have to download quite a bit in order to see a small part of the movie.

@sankeAvi, mpeg...etc i.e any movie file@viralbuglast night i had dwlded about 70% still i could'nt get a preveiw, the preview player of bit comet started buffering and all it did was buffer for about 20 mins after which i closed the f**kin thing. People, I'm talking about how can i see what movie i'm downloading before the download completes, hope i'm clear this time.

wat u can do is copy the file (stop ur d/l)change the extention ie frm xyz.avi.bc to xyz.avin than play it in media player classici do the same n it works

i've disabled the option in which bit comet attaches an extention of ".bc" to incomplete files. So the incomplete file is in the format which its suppose to be, last night i ended up dwlding a movie in some foreign lang, so i don wanna repeat this thats why i want to preview the files which i dwld. And trying to play them in WMP10/divx/real player/mediaplayer2 does not work in bit comet but it does in case of limewire.

hmmmm........even i wasnt able to preview a video file in bitcomet after downloading 40-50%. i thought it was just my problem.try doing what akash suggested.

guys guys...U cant preview a video file unless first bits ot that file are in place.So like if u have completed a video file 90% but first part of file is empty, no player in the world is gonna play it.I dont think that any previewer can play video file from its middle.Thats why i enable the option of giving priority to first and last piece of file in ur torrent software (esp. in Azureus)

what priority to first and last piece of a video file ????the file i dwlded was one big(700mb) .avi file and i assigned high priority to the file as a whole, not first, second or last part. what are u talking about ????? 🤔 🤔 🤔

Originally posted by mystery_inc18@Mar 31 2006, 11:17 PM
what priority to first and last piece of a video file ????
the file i dwlded was one big(700mb) .avi file and i assigned high priority to the file as a whole, not first, second or last  part.
what are u talking about ????? 🤔  🤔  🤔
[snapback]46504[/snapback]
[/quote]

@mystery you can config. ur btclient to download first and last part of files to be downloaded first before the rest of the file can be downloaded. Understand that any file can is downloaded from anywhere in terms of bytes, in range etc depending on the protocol which most file transfer protocols support. that is how your files can be resumed from anywhere via download managers. Same thing but in Bittorrent.

@sanke the problem with this atleast for me has been very large files. Atleast in Azureus, if u config it to download first and last part of any file first before downloading rest of the pieces, your system will immediately occupy that much space with empty 0 s or whatever thereby blocking that much disk space. Imagine as 2G+ files. I prefer "extend as u download" which keeps file system size under control and enables downloading of multiple torrents.