Request Timed Outs recently in Pune

chetanthaker

CeeTee
ISP
Pacenet Shitty 128k Unlimited
Hey guysI got me a 256k Night Unlimited Pack from SIFY in Pune (Bhosalenagar area)Since the past 4-5 days, I've been experiencing a LOT of RTOs (Request Timed Outs) from any website -- and on pinging the gateway (10.30.19.1), Last night at around 3am, I was getting a ping of 800ms+ (thats crappy, considering the GATEWAY is not responding properly) -- Then for like 2 minutes of browsing, therez NO data that comes in for another 1-2 minutes -- thats REALLY irritating Anyone else facing this problem and is this issue common with other SIFY users in Pune ??Please do post or PM me CeeTee

Welcome to the sore world of sify users mate : P

So you guys facing the exact same problem as me ??Please do replyI have emailed SIFY about this and also sent in a HUGE ping result to themLets see if they reply back, and even if they do, lets see how long does it take them to solve the thingCeeTee

Getting request timed outs too. Are Mumbaites facing the issue? Got to get compensation for this....my downloads are completing half way....have to start all over again!Cheers all!

Originally posted by max@Jan 17 2006, 05:36 PM
use a download manager.
[snapback]39492[/snapback]
[/quote]
very good idea.........but many sites dont support download managers.
so the best alternative is bittorrent. 😀

c if the light is not blinking in ur lan card then at ur end u cant do nything except calling cust care or cable operator .If the light is blinking & still ur getting request timed out then goto ur connection settings->configure->connection type->100 half duplex .Now i think the problem shld be solved 🙄

Thanks for the solution guys however download managers are no help.Speed is slow and big downloads r disrupted. Neo thanx. However tried that...not working. light is blinking. My local ISP service guy told me a month ago my LAN card is not working and he has put me on Duplex as a solution. Is he giving me a run around??? What is duplex..pls explain in layman terms. Request timed out when I ping.Also this problem is since two days. Signed up for 256 kbps but get speeds around 8-9 kbps. Previously used to have an average of 31kbps. Slow surfing. Multiple attempts to sign on to get web pages to work. Browsing is slow too. Big dls r disrupted after 40 or 50%. chetanthaker r u having similar issues?Cheers all!

Hey Chetan, Well i got a small possible soultion.First yes this problem is from ur cable side and not sify side.Request time outs are occuring during to low quality switch used by cable guys which actually can not take that much load for both upstream and downstream data.Only thing u can do is tweak ur comp to be the best rest all is up to the network.I know u use win2k , first go to speeguide.net and get all the win2k patches specially the Dns one as win2k and xp both register dns look ups for faster connectivity the next time and if the dns is down the faulty dns is generated and stored thus resulting in time out from servers.Secondly put ur lan card on auto negotiation if u don't know which cable is provided to u that is cat5 or 6 etc.I am working on this soultion lets see secondly use a fire wall and block BBimpsec to access the network.Though its on trail lets see what are the outputs.check it out and tell me things have worked or not.RegardsAri

Request Timed Outs recently in Pune[/b]
:huh:

It times out almost everyday in mumbai

Originally posted by neo2005@Jan 18 2006, 11:09 PM
What is duplex..pls explain in layman terms.

[snapback]39716[/snapback]
[/quote]

Half Duplex: Informantion flows one direction at a time,i.e both ends take turns to transmit data.
Full Duplex: Information flows both directions simutaneously

hope i am right