Request Timed Out problem!

• Thread starter Thread starter sabre23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 10,053
ISP
BSNL
hello guys,
I have BB HOME COMBO ULD 800 plan and i am a frustrated gamer using BSNL Broadband as their are no other option available in Patna.
I am facing Request timed out (RTO) problem from last 3 months. I play Dota 2 and this shitty RTO disturbs my each and every game. RTO occurs in every 5-15 mins and can last from 30 sec to 2 mins.
I do not have any ping problems as you can see the below image of google pings.
I use Belkin Modem Router N150 and

I will be glad to have some help.

This usually means that there is packet loss or very high jitter in your connection line , try doing a line/connection quality test at http://www.pingtest.net/
It is a limitation of DSL , to maintain a consistent and noise free low jitter line , you will need a fibre connection .

FIRST TRY:

Second TRY:

Third TRY:

Request Timed Out for 30 secs to 2 mins at irregular intervals is only the major problem i am facing from 2-3 months.

I dont think there i anything you can do about it since it is a problem that many BSNL users face , other BSNL users from here might be facing same issue as you , i know it is very frustrating to face ping timeout specially in online games .
Also i see your ping is high for singapore , mine is usually in 70-80 range sometimes even 50-60 .
http://www.pingtest.net
I would say wait for other BSNL users to comment on this issue , hopefully you may find a solution .

Try the following
- Run command prompt as admin
- TYPE "netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces" [without quotes ]
- note down the network adapter name and mtu size
- Substract 28 from mtu. for ex : 1500-28 = 1472
- TYPE "ping serverip -f -l 1472" [1472=whatever value you get from the above step][without quotes]
- keep decreasing the value by 10 until you get 0% loss- add 28 to the value you get and use the following command to set the new mtu size
- netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "ethernet" mtu=1451 store=persistent [ethernet=adapter name you got from 2nd step]

Mine is set to 1451. I still get timed out errors but very less.

kRuSnIk said:
Try the following
- Run command prompt as admin
- TYPE "netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces" [without quotes ]
- note down the network adapter name and mtu size
- Substract 28 from mtu. for ex : 1500-28 = 1472
- TYPE "ping serverip -f -l 1472" [1472=whatever value you get from the above step][without quotes]
- keep decreasing the value by 10 until you get 0% loss
- add 28 to the value you get and use the following command to set the new mtu size
- netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "ethernet" mtu=1451 store=persistent [ethernet=adapter name you got from 2nd step]

Mine is set to 1451. I still get timed out errors but very less.
Thanks for the reply,
I tried your suggestion and got MTU size 1442 which means 1442+28=1470 but i am not able to see my network adapter name.
In my Belkin router MTU size is 1492. Should i change it from router setting?

EDIT 1 : I changed it in router settings and again run this command "netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces". There is no changes in the information. IT is showing as it was earlier MTU 1500

Run this command [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "ethernet" mtu=1451 store=persistent , replace ethernet with local area connection and try again , it should work .[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]So the new command should be [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1451 store=persistent[/color]

Thundurus said:
Run this command [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "ethernet" mtu=1451 store=persistent , replace ethernet with local area connection and try again , it should work .[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]So the new command should be [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1451 store=persistent[/color]
thanks. Done (with MTU=1470). lets hope for the best.
Still happening same shit...🙁

Try decreasing it further. For me the value was 1460 but reduced it further and hit the sweet spot at 1451.
Check with several ips. Also, are you using VPN?

Try pinging different game servers IP from gametracker and check if you get the same time out problem again in all the different server IP , sometimes the server doesn't respond back to prevent flooding

kRuSnIk said:
Try decreasing it further. For me the value was 1460 but reduced it further and hit the sweet spot at 1451.
Check with several ips. Also, are you using VPN?

Thundurus said:
Try pinging different game servers IP from gametracker and check if you get the same time out problem again in all the different server IP , sometimes the server doesn't respond back to prevent flooding
will try and respond later. Thanks for the replies guys. I am not using VPN.

Don't hope too much. BSNL has a bad reputation when it comes to gaming.