Request Time Out error, irregular ping intervals, laag!

• Thread starter Thread starter Night Hawk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 11,586

Night Hawk

ISP
MTNL
Whenever I ping to any server, say the www.google.com, the ping times are really irregular, minimum is 78 ms and maximum is 1599 ms !

For this reason I can't play counter strike source due to an enormous laaaag!, or browse on the internet at good speed, sometimes, the lag is so bad that it finally says request time out error, and without any particular pattern the the server replise at random and at random pings!

I tried everything, I have asked the lineman to fix the line, he says there is no loose connections and my phone is fine, I have mt 882 router, all the three lights are glowing (but when the laag is huge, the middle light blinks irregularly, this happens rarely). Router settings are ok. My ipconfig/all says this :

Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : comp-1
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : ADMtek AN983 10/100 PCI Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-E8-50-18-AD
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.24
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 202.159.219.229

and typing ping www.google.com -t gives this!

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2505/50981867.png

I am tired of this lag from 5 days, help would be extremly, extremly appreciated! Customer care did not help me, they just know that if the sites are opening then broadband is fine, but you know, thats not the case here, sites open but the game and sites laags with these pings in order of 2000 ms. Thanks You.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

And now it is like this :

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5661/51744999.png

And also, my router is getting heated alot from the bottom. Hows yours? Or is it some loose connection...

ping the Gateway (see router stats for details) to see if problem is with ur connection or with MTNL's upstream network

OK, thanks man, I pinged the default gateway, there was the problem! my lan card was freaking out with high pings. So I just replaced it with a new one (and also got the router changed with a new one) and now everything is fine.

But, one thing more, when I opened up the router's homepage, my username and CA number was changed!!!!! It was like, holy shit man, how can it get changed, my computer is password protected, no one can enter it, then how the hell it got changed? Then I type the original number and entered my CA number. Then still the problem persisted, then I bought the lan card and the router that MTNL man gave me the spare, and then it was fine. But i wanted to know how the heck can a username be changed to someone's else phone number!! And I remeber, when this would have happened, the error popped out "Windows Error : There was an ip address conflict with another system on the network", so... any idea? (this seems freaky, but I want the answer, if anyone got it, thanks!)

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I need help, i am still getting high pings at default gateway, i am getting hacked! Some one is misuusing my router's hompage and editing the setting, what do I do?? there were multiple lan clients, named with different, i am not creating them, someone is intruding in my router's hompage, so pls help and tell me what should I do??

look if u dont have a wireless router then nobody can access ur router thru the lan unless he is physically connected to ur router by a cat 5 cable and knows the default pwd ..and on the WAN side (ie from the internet) people can access your router and change the settings if u have not changed the default password of the router. However what anyone would get by changing ur login settings from the wan side is inexplicable. Moreover with port binding implemented its unlikely that someone else's u/name pwd would work on ur line.

Yes, I know that port binding wouldn't allow the hacker to use my username, but when I opened up my router's homepage 192.168.1.1, his D-Link router's web page opened up!! in my browser!!! and I have mtnl's router. I have changed the default password, which everyone knows, admin admin, now he can't intrude, but my ping to default gateway is still lazy, its about 25 ms, (it should be less than 1 ms), earlier it was 2500 ms and around it. I think that the hacker would have typed my external IP address to gain to my router. Is there anyway to reduce the ping? and get things to normal?

it seems that there is some kind of problem with MTNL..even am Loosing my Pings occasionally and also some of the websites is not loading..

Ok, the problem is resolved, the problem was that both of routers were damaged internally (i dont know where was the problem in them), the old and the new (the mtnl man gave me some other junk). Because when I pinged to default gateway, there was the request time out error (after some time when the router is heated up considerably). So, I finally bought a new router of a good company. Then problem is resolved. Razorblade is true, MTNL is having some problem from their exchange from past 6-7 days. But now I think they have resolved. Now I am getting better pings, and CSSn't lag now, ping to google.com is only 63 ms (average). Everything is normal now. Thanks for the support.