Request for MTNL to stop 6 hr auto reconnections.

• Thread starter Thread starter genexed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 8,308

genexed

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 512 combo unlm + TATA 1 Mbps UNLM
Not surprisingly MTNL CC doesnt even know about it, supervisor doesnt knows about it and when I tell them they just cant believe it unless I told them to see the session history of their own modem in their office.

I have been talking to lot of Sr. ppl trying to get rid of 6 hr disconnection in Delhi Mtnl. Problem is since no body complaints they dont know about it or care about it.

If you also want to get rid of it just call cc on 1504 and email helpdesk.delhi@bol.net.in & feedback@bol.net.in & deadsl@bol.net.in and tell them that your connection d/cs every 6 hrs.

Unless they realize many ppl are suffering/care about it, theya re not going to do anything about it.

I believe mtnl mumbai guys have even stronger case with 2 hr d/c

Sunny

but what problem do you face because of this auto disconnection thing?

Problems - It doesnt reconnect everytime and gives error authentication failed and modem stays idle. (prob already discussed many times) - I monitor uptime of my website - unable to do it if its going to d/c every 6 hrs - You may be in middle of chatting or voip or downloading, who likes the disconnections anyhow ? Its too frustrating. - right now its 6 hrs but the way its going it could be 2 hr very soon and making it even more complicated. - When I pay full amount to MTNL why do I have to get d/c 120 times a month - It has already f-ed my cc payment once, when the amount was debited but ticket wasnt booked as it got d/c in between. - Load on MTNL server is only going to increase, so I assume in future it will take more & more time to reconnect

yes, it's really frustrating at times..they need to get rid of this thing.Like the thread creator mentioned, MTNL doesn't usually connect instantly after disconnection..Even their connection is like their people, you need to kick it's butts to get it working. doesn't work instantly.😀

here they had indeed put it on 2hr disconnection. i had sent them several emails. i also complained on 1504 and one other number i had. finally they changed it back to 6hr (i dont know if it was due to my efforts because i never got reply from them abt any complaint)but 1 thing is for sure, there is some person who knows abt it else how wud it change to 2hrs and then back to 6hrs.

If people say in MTNL that they dont abt it..tell them to confirm it from NOC (network operation control)...NOC guys have implemented it..ground floor kidwai bhawan, delhi

6 hours disconnection is one of lame security of MTNL.........Remember Golden hour and our pc was on like 2 days 48 hours of leech6 Hours auto kick saves lots of bandwidth of Mtnl. This was the basic reason this 6 hrs disconnection was implemented!😛😛

Day be4 yesterday they arranged a call to me from a sr. guy, not sure his designation but surprisingly he was good in english . he has promised that if 6hr dc is taking place it will be fixed. but problem is there aren't enough complaints from users. Just for instance no body in mtnl is even aware of the d/c. Thats why I need ur help, if u can make few emails/calls that can set the base for me to take it to sr guys and get it fixed.I am not going to give it up till its fixed. Sunny

I thought golden hr was gone from almost 2yrs now. And 6hr d/c is just from abt a year.

those using PPPoE mode wont notice such disconnection because ur modem automatically reconnects.to really verify disconnection either switch to bridged mode or check ur logs.

I'm using PPPoe mode and I haven't seen any disconnect in last over 11 hours. I checked my IP address in the morning by using whatismyip.com and again a few minutes ago. IP has not changed since the morning. If the modem is disconnecting and reconnecting by itself then my IP should have changed but it has not. I don't have a static IP, so IP changes every time I switch off the modem and again switch it on.

Got to register.bol.net.in and check if u have session in excess of 6 hrs ever specially today as it shud show 11 hrs right. I would love to see a screenshot of 11 hr session. Open router page, depending on the model u will find a button 'logs' , everytime connection d/cs or reconnects its logged there with timestamp.

those using PPPoE mode wont notice such disconnection because ur modem automatically reconnects.

to really verify disconnection either switch to bridged mode or check ur logs.
even on Bridge mode if you have redial if the connection drops checked you still might not notice.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I'm using PPPoe mode and I haven't seen any disconnect in last over 11 hours.

I checked my IP address in the morning by using whatismyip.com and again a few minutes ago. IP has not changed since the morning. If the modem is disconnecting and reconnecting by itself then my IP should have changed but it has not. I don't have a static IP, so IP changes every time I switch off the modem and again switch it on.
IP would not change for unlimited connections. Check your session history on register.bol.net.in

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

hmm those sure are problems for some people. moreover, I have a NU only and sometimes it helps to have a 6 hr autodisconnect. you dont overshoot even if you oversleep

in bridged mode, i think windows task manager will show u that balloon. when conn goes down or comes back up.