Replace UPS Battery or Buy New UPS

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 12,830

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
I have Tech-com UPS 600kvanow the battery does not hold for even 1 second with or without load.Hence its useless to have that UPS.the new UPS costs around Rs. 1300.What is the cost of new battery?Can that device battery be replaced? Or I just dump it?

a new original battery will not cost less than 600 ( after giving old battery).. The original OEM battery bundled with a new UPS generally last longer..better to go for a new one..and just FYI.. a Numeric 600VA would cost 1600 and would be better quality/support than the tech-com..

Upvote 0
is it safe to buy battery and change it on my own?bcz the label on ups says caution... no user servicable parts inside. Only qualifies techies can open it...

Upvote 0
though it differs from model to model , its generally not that difficult. just get the Techcom guys to replace it. or your local electrician..

Upvote 0
^ replace it simple 🙂I still have my APC UPS running since 2001 with 3 battery changes till date 😉

Upvote 0
ok going to LR today and getting it.do car battery sellers sell it or I can get it in LR?

Upvote 0
Got it from LR and installed it. Working gr8 !Rs.850 , brand Rocket, 1 year warranty

Upvote 0
ok so similar problem. Got microtek 800va double battery one.
microtek people are asking close to Rs 2k ( Including Rs 200 service charge) to replace the battery.
1. Was wondering should i just get the battery from them or someone else ? I don't really know anyone else though I tried online for the batteries.
2. One more thing for another Rs 2k I can get the 1KV microtek UPS is it worth getting it ? ( for a new 1kv UPS under Rs 4k )
I probably get about 30min to 40 min on this 800 va one... would be good to get around 1hr or more....

Upvote 0
its not a problem till u get a battery of same size with 800va. I have gone for exide n its too good it has lasted for 3years+ n still running.
So, find a local guys who can replace u it with best price

Upvote 0
ok found a dealer he is asking for Rs 700 per exide battery ( Rs 1400 for 2 battery ) + Rs 100 to install it.?
btw do we get any exchange value on the old battery 😛

Upvote 0