Replace UPS Battery or Buy New UPS

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 12,847

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
I have Tech-com UPS 600kvanow the battery does not hold for even 1 second with or without load.Hence its useless to have that UPS.the new UPS costs around Rs. 1300.What is the cost of new battery?Can that device battery be replaced? Or I just dump it?

by mistake i called up my old dealer who I had previously inquired, he must be like wtf and he increased the price by Rs 50, 1st he said Rs 700 now he is saying Rs 750 lol :tongue:

ok called Offcom guys up they are saying they are out of stock and it would cost Rs 750 per battery + taxes - Rs 80 for old battery ( battery is by Amaron )
microtek people were not even giving me less price replacement

Upvote 0
yes these people say Rs50 r something less if u give an old battery, later bargained for Rs100.
Try to open the screws of the outper plate of the batters and see if u can replace the battery urself. I had replaced the battery my self bcz I just went to enquire and took it bcz he gave it for Rs600 later returned my battery n got Rs100 refunded, all these was bcz my home was aroung 2km away n did not have any vechile at that point of time
Go for Exide n its the best

Upvote 0
anant.del said:
ok so similar problem. Got microtek 800va double battery one.
microtek people are asking close to Rs 2k ( Including Rs 200 service charge) to replace the battery.
1. Was wondering should i just get the battery from them or someone else ? I don't really know anyone else though I tried online for the batteries.
2. One more thing for another Rs 2k I can get the 1KV microtek UPS is it worth getting it ? ( for a new 1kv UPS under Rs 4k )
I probably get about 30min to 40 min on this 800 va one... would be good to get around 1hr or more....
battery is generally 12V and __ Ah.you can buy a battery in local market.Go for quanta.Generally the battery used in UPS is 12V 7 Ah and it costs around 1000-1200 max.You can replace it all by yourself just by connecting red wire to red port and black wire to black port.
Sell the old battery to bhangarwala on per kilo basis.1400 for two batteries is good deal,but which make?take it if its amaron aka quanta.

Upvote 0
microtek only sells some Chinese ones so thats why I am not going with them.
Gonna go with Exide or Quanta which ever is available 🙂

Upvote 0
Got the battery replaced just now costed about Rs 1300 ( minus old battery for Rs 100 each). Hopefully will get a good backup.
Battery are actually costing only Rs 600 there is another Rs 100 tax on it...
Warranty on the exide batteries as per dealer is only one year though.
thanks again all for your help 🙂

Upvote 0
heh ok I was getting about10 min on my 2years old ones, hardy used though until now 😛

Upvote 0
My 2 yrs old APC ups giving ZERO backup now. This is my 3rd Unit in the past 6 yrs.
The battery doesn't last for more than 2 yrs.
Should i try to change my battery or go for a NEW one.
Mine is a 650 va BED TYPE which used to give 30-40 mins backup for my PC.
Now it costs 4000+
Shall i go for NUMERIC brand?

Upvote 0
I have a D-Link (yes that's right :rofl: ) I have changed the battery 3 times i about 7-8 years, theres nothing wrong with the circuitry its just the battery. Most of these battries last around 2 - 2.5 years anything more is a bonus.

Upvote 0