Repeaters On Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter crymetyme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 50,772
Hello i recently got a jio fiber connection at my home but i am facing connectivity issues due to low signal as i live in a 3 story house with each floor measuring 2500 sft,The jio router is placed on the second floor of which i dont get proper signal even in the second floor so i have added my old D-Link 2750u router next to jio router and connected it with lan and than i have connected a dlink dap 1330 repeater to dlink modem via wifi to extend the range to the ground floor and for the third floor i have added a mi router to dlink 2750u via wifi to extend range,but i am facing connectivity issues sometimes like slow speed,sometimes its not working sometimes some webpages not opening,so please tell me what to change and how to configure them properly.

I am using dlink 2750 u because after i connected it to lan with jio router, i got a wifi speed of 90+mbps whereas jio routers maximum touched to 70 mbps,thats y i am repeating it via dlink to other floors.

other issue i have is my jio stb is not working,its diplaying no apps,only a movie player and nothing else,i am on bronze 699 plan

You don’t get mesh WiFi for a 7500 sq ft house in 20k. With a 7500 sq ft house mesh wifi may or may not cut it. Whether you go with mesh WiFi or Ubiquiti, be prepared to shell around 1 lakh or more if your house is really 7500 sq ft. My house is 3500+sq ft and I’ve spent around 75k.

If you go with Orbi, you would need 3 access points on each floor. Maybe 4 per floor. Orbi isn’t designed to be used with so many satellites.

In Mesh your option would be to get something like a TP-Link Deco M9 Plus and have one node in each room. In total you might need 15 or so. So around 1.5 lakhs.

Alternately, go with Ubiquiti. You’ll probably need 3-4 per floor. You could get a basic router as an AP but that might not lead to perfect handoff in roaming.
Thanks for your suggestions however i have almost sorted out the problem by connecting the existing 3 repeaters in the open area of the house on each floor,getting fine signal and speed in each room around 30/40 mbps,thinking of running the lan cable around the house internally,as i tried repeaters through lan got almost 90+mbps on 100mbps plan.I think it will provide me 200+mbps on 250mbps plan if connected through lan,any suggestions which lan cable i should buy,tried to find on Amazon couldn’t find a reliable option.

Upvote 0
I installed jio fiber before 2 weeks and i got a single band router and my friend git it installed today he got a blue dual band router.
Why is it so,how can i get a dual band router from jio with my existing connection.

Upvote 0
@crymetyme tell customer care for replacement. They may arrange technician visit.

Btw, can you please just reply to these two questions.

Q1. Can you please confirm me if Live News channels like Zee News Hindi and Republic Bharat Hindi etc works in Zee5 App of JioFiber's STB on Rs199 plan only (no other active or exhausted higher plan should be in queue).

2). Does all free News channels of Hotstar & Zee5 which works well on Rs199 plan also work on internet of different ISP like Airtel fiber or Bsnl broadband/ftth etc?
Please check on other ISP's internet (but not on Jio 4G or Jio fiber) .

Upvote 0
I am on my first recharge of bronze plan as i newly installed the connection,i need an answer for ur questions as well.Once my plan is over on april 7 ,i will go for 199 plan but i am also thinking to go for a 1299 plan of 250mbps speed to get hold of jio for getting a dual band router as the present router will only give me 70/80mbps at max.

Upvote 0
Can you please share how did you connect and configure the D-Link 2750u to the jio modem? I am getting jiofiber this week and I have the same adsl router and I am thinking of using it as an extender.

Last edited:
Upvote 0