Removing Dialer On Beetel 220bx

• Thread starter Thread starter arjeria
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,585

arjeria

How can I remove my beetel 220bx airtel dialer so that I wont have to relogin again and again i.e. to setup my adsl connection to always on ?

what dialer?

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Aug 20 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]59117[/snapback]
what dialer?
[/b]

Dialer to connect to internet. I mean I want to connect automatically without using the dialer.

QUOTE(arjeria @ Aug 20 2006, 12:54 AM) [snapback]59122[/snapback]
Dialer to connect to internet. I mean I want to connect automatically without using the dialer.
[/b]

In short, how can I change "Ethernet with Manual Dialling" to "Ethernet with Auto Dialing" ?

I did this some time ago and can't remember very well. Anyways, you can do it by visiting 192.168.1.1-click on wan-click on add-enter 1,32.-Select ppp over atm. I don't remember which enc method. Try LLC first.-Enter your username and pass. I think auth shud be pap, but you can also leave it to auto.-save and reboot.I changed back to windows dialling method because the above method keep dropping the line and redialling atleast 3 times a day. And everytime it does that, you have to re visit some torrent site and login again because your ip has changed.But if you don't torrent, you can dial from the 220bx.

QUOTE(arjeria @ Aug 20 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]59116[/snapback]
How can I remove my beetel 220bx airtel dialer so that I wont have to relogin again and again i.e. to setup my adsl connection to always on ?
[/b]
how you tried Airtel's customer care page ?
http://speed.airtelbroadband.in/

QUOTE(SiriusB @ Aug 20 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]59132[/snapback]
I did this some time ago and can't remember very well. Anyways, you can do it by visiting 192.168.1.1
-click on wan
-click on add
-enter 1,32.
-Select ppp over atm. I don't remember which enc method. Try LLC first.
-Enter your username and pass. I think auth shud be pap, but you can also leave it to auto.
-save and reboot.

I changed back to windows dialling method because the above method keep dropping the line and redialling atleast 3 times a day. And everytime it does that, you have to re visit some torrent site and login again because your ip has changed.
But if you don't torrent, you can dial from the 220bx.
[/b]

@SiriusB firstly you don't have to re-log into torrents site. The only exception being link-removed which still doesn't have a passkey system. Most of the private trackers employ a passkey system whereby you don't have to re-log everytime your IP changes. The tracker automatically keeps track of your statastics by your passkey which is unique to you. For public torrents this is not a issue at all as you don't have to keep any ratio's. So the router mode will do absolutely fine for torrents

Now coming back to how to set up using router mode, here a are few additions/corrections

-->its not ppp over atm but ppp over ethernet (as far as i know it used to be over atm a long time ago)
-->Encapsultaion mode : LLC/SNAP BRIDGING
-->Check ->Enable Wan service
service name -> airtel

Duh, I know about passkeys. But some torrent sites that I use don't have them. Thanks for those corrections, but pppoa seems to have worked for him.

QUOTE(SiriusB @ Aug 20 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]59164[/snapback]
Duh, I know about passkeys. But some torrent sites that I use don't have them. Thanks for those corrections, but pppoa seems to have worked for him.
[/b]

@SiriusB bhai its nice to know that you know about passkeys 😀 and regarding the second point @arjeria has already clarified later that pppoa didn't work for him, but pppoe did.

QUOTE(real_india @ Aug 21 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]59225[/snapback]
@SiriusB bhai its nice to know that you know about passkeys 😀 and regarding the second point @arjeria has already clarified later that pppoa didn't work for him, but pppoe did.
[/b]
Yes he did, but only after I posted and was under the impression that it worked. So I was wrong. Shoot me. 😛