Remember to reset your connection before midnight on last day of the month!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,706

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Since today was the last day of the billing cycle, I have my downloads on since early morning. I do not want this usage to end up getting counted in next month's cycle because the session continued past midnight.Should I reset my modem before midnight tonight?I lost around 4GB data on Airtel Broadband last year which they refused to add back to my account which basically got me to dump them permanently.

Even in MTNL ADSL, the session spanning two months is counted in the new month. I switched from 3G to broadband in October and after seeing ur post I checked my account.
Should I reset my modem before midnight tonight?
Why were u asking? -Is there any harm in resetting?

I did reset. Was just curious if this is something that BSNL users should take care of.

It was quite frustrating to see Airtel counting the 4GB I downloaded on the last day of the billing cycle in next month 😀

Ya it's bad that customers aren't told of these details. Many times the customer care itself doesn't know: When I had to change my broadband plan from one FUP to another FUP, in the middle of billing cycle, the customer care wasn't able to clearly tell me how I'll be billed.By the way, you've made a very useful website, thanks 🙂

I think it won't be counted towards the next month's billing cycle even if you reset after midnight, it will be charged for the previous month only.In case of me as well a few months back I noticed the same thing as I continued to run without resetting till the download finished say at around 1am and good for me and yourself this is counted towards the previous month.

Sometimes the plan dont change . even if you change after midnight. to be safe , dont download in 1st night , and reset the modem in morning , check the speed.

I think in Bsnl it does get counted to the next month tally. I usually stop my downloads on the last night of the month and switch off my modem entirely for that night... Did it last night too.

AFAIK, if your sessions begins on the last day, and continues through the next day, usage is counted towards last month.

chromaniac said:
But BSNL does reset the counter every thirty minutes right?
No, in their system the sessions update every 24 hours at a particular time.Don't know the exact time though.

Crap. I am now scared to check my bandwidth usage for this month. Of course the data is two days old usually so would not find anything anyways 😀