1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliance Wimax Broadband: What is better Reliance Wimax or normal wireline?

Discussion in 'Reliance Wimax Broadband' started by brickhouse, Oct 31, 2009.

1. brickhouse

brickhouse Guest

I am thinking of taking Reliance 1mbps unlimted and want to know which is better.Does the wimax give as good speed as wire-line or does it depend upon the signal?

2. Improvise

Improvise Newbie

wireless depends upon the availability of tower signal in your area .. also there should be a line of sight between the tower and wimax antennae .any shift in antennae or obstacle between the line of sight will cause your signals to drop badly . which can only be rectified by calling the reliance guy home. whereas wired is just a rj45 wire pulled in ur home connected directly. i cant say for wireline ,but i have a wimax connection and uptime is awesome . however the latency to reach servers are high. hence if you game online or use voip for chat then wimax is not recommended. So its all upon your needs . personally id go for wireline but thats not feasible where i live

3. prvprv

prvprv Newbie

Wired connection is always the best.But before taking a Re lie ence connection you shud pray to god and ask him to see that u dont need to call the CC anytime.:notallowed:If any need arises to call the CC, ur life will become pathetic:imwink:

4. maniaco

maniaco Regulars
    Regulars

I would suggest the wire line internet is the best, But as recommended by other members. Thing 10 times before you take Reliance !

5. brickhouse

brickhouse Guest

@piyush85

you got wireline or wimax.

also uploads speeds do they provide,download to upload ratio

how is the service

----------

and which city are you from?

6. maniaco

maniaco Regulars
    Regulars

I have got wireline broadband, The speed is good, the only problem with reliance is once your internet is down, then it would take many days to get it back.Am from bangalore.

7. brickhouse

brickhouse Guest

what connection speed do you have and what upload speeds.any idea on the contention ratios

8. maniaco

maniaco Regulars
    Regulars

I have mentioned on my profile, Am using 300kbps.. I get download speed of 32-35kbps on torrents. Uploads I have never checked.

9. saurabh28

saurabh28 VIP
    Regulars

what connection speed do you have and what upload speeds.

any idea on the contention ratios

Reliance gives same upload speed as of download speed if you are on plan below 512kbps.

And Reliance gives 512kbps upload speed if you are on plan above 512kbps. :happy:

10. brickhouse

brickhouse Guest

any idea on the uploads of the reliance 1mbps plans