Reliance Wimax Broadband: Reliance WiMax connection initial review!!

• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 14,157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reliance WiMax is working well for me. My hunch is, it might be dependent on your location (specifically in our city due to large number of 12 story + buildings). That is because you need strong signal to baste station for a stable connection.Good things is, it costs just 500 to try out (thats installation charge). You can disconnect after a month if it does not work for you.

Hi!!I am having a Reliance Broadnet, Wimax connection with 300Kbps plan, since April 08. I live in Andheri (E) MIDC area.Since the activation the connection was fine. 300kbps = 35-37 kbps which was just OK but honestly still pathetic. But still I was fine with it. Beggars can't be choosers. In MIDC area you don't have much choice. Reliance has a monopoly.Anyways, I was just scared of rains and the wind it brings with it, would affect the speed and rightly so, my fears have come true. The speed or downloads starts off at 60 and then drops to 50-40-35-30 and finally now it rests at 26/7Kbps, sometimes 20Kbps which is really frustrating.You pay for 300Kbps and you get this.....What's more frustrating is the Reliance Broadnet cust service. The exec's which I think all of us know are like parrots. They keep repeating just what they are asked to. I called them couple of times, in last few days and I keep getting a new complaint NO everyday. And to top it, they keep repeating one line - You will receive a call within 1 hour - inspite of me telling the exec's, that your people have said the same thing.....Aleast when I had powersurfer broadband, somebody would give a call and solve the problem.Honestly it's really funny how these so called big companies work. It's just image building exercises thru media by saying BIG things, but while actually implementing it's all one big JOKE. Hope I find success in solving my problem at present because it seems it's going to be a big task AND this is just a beginning. Moreover I don't even get bills on time, I have to keep calling them to send me bills.......

Hi! As I had mentioned I am getting not more then 27Kbps....Earlier when it started I got 37kbps but now it's just stuck. Even while installation the signal strengh seemed very good but I have my doubts due to rains and wind....and ofcourse the people sitting in the server room !!!! FINALLY I received a call from Reliance engineer asking me about the problem today. He said we will LOOK into it. Now when they will act on it, GOD only knows. And the height is.....I had to explain him that USERS usually don't get full speed as per the alloted plan ( correct me if I am wrong ). eg: Some people think 300Kbps means they will get full 300 KBPS. It's not dedicated so it's always 300K=37-38 Kbps so on and so forth....Phew!!!!

Hi!

And the height is.....I had to explain him that USERS usually don't get full speed as per the alloted plan ( correct me if I am wrong ). eg: Some people think 300Kbps means they will get full 300 KBPS. It's not dedicated so it's always 300K=37-38 Kbps so on and so forth....Phew!!!!

:rofl:
it IS crazy.. but the people their can only connect wires! I have been getting MTU fail error whenever i try to get onto xbox live.. when i spoke to their "engineers" i had to explain from scratch..

btw, besides this, my connection has been going strong and @ viralbug.. i AM talking of kB/s 😉

Where all in Delhi is this available?

So it rained like a typical mumbai rain today and connection is working so far.

So it rained like a typical mumbai rain today and connection is working so far.

rain enforced holiday eh dude??

why did i have to find a home so close to office.. cant even "test reliance" 😉

Live close to office, but no holiday 🙁 Working from home. Thats downside of broadband, work can be done with VPN. And your desk phone get diverted to your PC once you login thru VPN, so not respite from work.😢

Guyz, I recieved a call from a DSA. He will visit my house today @ 7.30 pm.
He told me to keep 500 Rs. cheque ready and documents.
I am going for 2000 Rs. plan(1 MBPS unlimited), so I would like to ask following things-

1. Will I get download speed of 1024/8= 128 kBps(Right now I am enjoying speed of 230-270 kBps on 2MBPS MTNL plan)
2. If I keep this plan for 1 month and then downgrade to 300/400 kbps(i.e 30-40 kBps) plan which most of you are using, will the speed remain as the speed in 1MBPS plan.(Atleast this trick works for MTNL)
3. As mumbai is flooding with rains will it affect the connectivity, like what exactly will hapeen in heavy rain?(No connectivity at all or decrease in speed??)
4. Can I bargain with DSA of reliance Wimax to save 500 Rs deposit?(As they are having great profit per connection, also is th deposit rally refundable?)
5. Are their any special schemes for churning customers(special offers)??

Please advise me in detail, Heres my mobile no. 9833012012.
You can personally call me with detail explaination, Your help is truly needed and will be greatly appreciated!🙂

This 500 Rs thing can be waived off if there are 5 - 10 connections in the same building / locality.In rians, connection has been stable for me so far, but speed gets down to 28 KBps.

Eagerly awaiting this! If you need stuff to be tested, let me know. Just got Reliance WiMax today.

Did you manage to write the script?

Pretty much the WORST EVER customer care a company can have. Its like taking a bunch of retards or morons and asking them to write down random numbers as complaint numbers. THERE IS NEVER EVER ANY CALL BACK OR SERVICE ON ANY COMPLAINT.

Pretty much the WORST EVER customer care a company can have. Its like taking a bunch of retards or morons and asking them to write down random numbers as complaint numbers. THERE IS NEVER EVER ANY CALL BACK OR SERVICE ON ANY COMPLAINT.

u r wrong, they never reply to complaints, they reply only to termination requests. When I gave termination request I had call from 3 executives, pleading not to disconnect d connection.
So next time u've to give any complaint, give termination request, thats d thing v can do!:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.