Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,
i did telnet to modem
telnet 192.168.1.1
asked login --->support
asked password---->support

but still again it is asking login...

but i am able to login through Internet explorer..
by typing url --192.168.1.1.. here it is accepting login and password...
what might be the problem...i am not able to telnet ...

here is the dump
/bin>telnet 192.168.1.1
Trying 192.168.1.1...
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
System Time and Date:THU DEC 27 00:00:05 1990

Serial Number:ELB20480727351

Login:support
Password:

Login:

Login:

Thanks
Ramaiah

well u can try "root" as login name
and ur serial no as ur password

tata its like that
p.s. its case sensitive. (unix)

also i ve seen people whining about their download speeds
for 256 kbps u get a download speed of 31 only
its not kilobytes per second... its kilobits persec

the formula is
(( kbps*1000)/8)/1024 = download speed ( in kilobytes per sec )

for more info search on kbps vs KBps.
hope it helped

Guys, I am also looking to switch to reliance wimax, am from goregaon (w) Mumbai. But am scared after reading reviews on mouthshut.com although the reviews are very old, about 6 months back or more.So I would really appreciate if people residing in mumbai (pref around goregaon) and using reliance wimax, share their experience here.I am going to opt for 300kbps conn (if I take it). I willl be satisfied with a speed of 35-40kbps coz thats what I get on my exatt 256 plan.So what I would really like to know is.Can I expect a speed in the range of 35-40 on a 300kbps plan.Is the conn reliable?? coz I have read too many horror stories on the net of people not being able to get an IP most of the time or the net being down. Or in case of a power failure, a lag of one hour in which their hardware resets?.Any info would really be appreciated.

if u want speed then go for reliance broadband instead wimax coz wimax antenna requires line of sight to the tower to get good speed and also for ip issues.in short go for reliance broadband cable and choose cheapest plan may be Rs.250 or 300 / month then pm. me i ll give u my account of 300 kbps. u can use it.there are some issues with the ip with wimax.

Thanks Deleted member 2914, but the problem is reliance wired broadband isnt available in my area 🙁 🙁

Last edited by a moderator:
okie then u can go for wimax.. but when the ppl will come to u for installing antenna check the signal .it should be more than 20 and rssi should be less than -70then u wont face any problems.

is it possible to "port forward" in wi max? if yes how?what i use is a switch by dsine 3100.:wall:

Hmm.. I will definitely keep that in mind, one more question though 🙂 (sorry for bothering you so much) would there be any affect of rain?? or if it satisfies the conditions you have mentioned rain won't affect??

Hmm.. I will definitely keep that in mind, one more question though 🙂 (sorry for bothering you so much) would there be any affect of rain?? or if it satisfies the conditions you have mentioned rain won't affect??

ah
that i can answer if ur asking about wimax
rain and cloudy days network will have limited connectivity.

hmmm.. then I think I should better wait, monsoon is going to be in 2 months in bombay. 🙂

Thanks, that worked.. so what value means good signal strength?

30 is the max signal it seems. I got this information from the person who installed the equipment at my place (bangalore). I am getting 27. I am not happy with download speed though.

BTW, if any one having issues with getting IP thru DHCP then you can get a static IP from reliance it seems. Just call customer care and tell them that in your area you are not getting IP consistently then they will issues one static IP for you. I didn't tried this myself but I got this information from one of the reliance wimax techie.

Hope this helps.

30 is the max signal it seems. I got this information from the person who installed the equipment at my place (bangalore). I am getting 27. I am not happy with download speed though.

BTW, if any one having issues with getting IP thru DHCP then you can get a static IP from reliance it seems. Just call customer care and tell them that in your area you are not getting IP consistently then they will issues one static IP for you. I didn't tried this myself but I got this information from one of the reliance wimax techie.

Hope this helps.

well well well, the signal between 16~25 is the stable for max speed try it out... i recommend for about 18~22 to be more precise.

i have joined the reliance 2 months back and i am really enjoying speed of 37~40 kbps using 300 kbps plan

to measure ur mean speed tht us ISP is providing is your total speed (mine is 300 kbps) divided by 8.. It will give u almost exact speed tht u r achieving

Guyz, I recieved a call from a DSA. He will visit my house today @ 7.30 pm.
He told me to keep 500 Rs. cheque ready and documents.
I am going for 2000 Rs. plan(1 MBPS unlimited), so I would like to ask following things-

1. Will I get download speed of 1024/8= 128 kBps(Right now I am enjoying speed of 230-270 kBps on 2MBPS MTNL plan)
2. If I keep this plan for 1 month and then downgrade to 300/400 kbps(i.e 30-40 kBps) plan which most of you are using, will the speed remain as the speed in 1MBPS plan.(Atleast this trick works for MTNL)
3. As mumbai is flooding with rains will it affect the connectivity, like what exactly will hapeen in heavy rain?(No connectivity at all or decrease in speed??)
4. Can I bargain with DSA of reliance Wimax to save 500 Rs deposit?(As they are having great profit per connection, also is th deposit rally refundable?)
5. Are their any special schemes for churning customers(special offers)??

Please advise me in detail, Heres my mobile no. 9833012012.
You can personally call me with detail explaination, Your help is truly needed and will be greatly appreciated!🙂

Guyz,
I paid money yesterday, connection will be set up within 3 days, prefarably by Wednesday.

Which things should I keep in mind when d so called engineers will come at my house for installing WiMAX?

1. The dish should be set up on terrace or in the balcony?(In terrace it may have to withstand direct rain attack, In balcony it may get proper shelter but signal strength?)
2. What are the factors rssi and signal strength? How to check them?
What are their optimum levels?
3. I opted 999 plan(400kbps), is it 300kbps or 400kbps?
4. If I change to 750(4 gb, upto 2mbps) plan, will my speed increase?
Also is this plan safe? Beacuse I've heard that they charge exorbitantly in that plan.
5. What other things should I keep in mind for perfect user experience?:yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.