Reliance Wimax Broadband: Is it true with Re(lie)nce Wimax that we cant change tarrif plans.?

• Thread starter Thread starter rajleo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,490
Status
Not open for further replies.

rajleo

ISP
reliance wimax
Hi.I have 1Mbps Relience Wimax plan in Pune for which i pay 2500rs/month.I used it for 3 months and recently called their world best :rofl: customer support to change my plan to 600kbps.They simply said they cant because of their weirdo rules :O. I called their support 3 times and got the same answer.So, is it true that we cant change our wimax plan from 1Mbps to 600Kbps.Thanks for your answers.Considering to switch to Tata Broadband 512Kbps. Any suggestions?i dont have Airtel or Bsnl near my place.

WOW! i asked for a new connection in my area at Bangalore, they said first they will give with a 1MBPS line later i can change my plan to 600KBPS or further to the cheap plan.... just now i come to know their tricks..... Bye Bye Reliance....:thumb:

Hi Karthik. Even the same thing was told to me by their customer support.so, i though "ok i can afford it for few months.." . And now wen i want to change my plan they wont do it.So be aware and i seriously advice you to look out for some other providers because this is just one of their problems and i have 50 more problems to explain. Thank you.

actually i want to go reliance wimax because in my office i have 1mbps unlimited, if i take same connection with the lesser plan, i thought of using my office logon in the night and weekend and have a good time surfing net.....now have to think a lot..... :huh:

Thanks for the replies guys..Still couldnt get a genuine answer. Why is it that we cant roll to a lesser plan in Reliance Wimax? What is the genuine reason behind this?😡

Actually Wimax is a costly Technology..and i have confirmed (from a friend of mine working for reliance ) that as a new buisness rule..they have stopped selling plans less than Rs. 2000 a month. They are selling only 1 Mbps Unlimited plan on Wimax..:readtherules:Now even migration to a lesser plan has been stopped guys..so dont even try the trick as suggested by pkarthik24....😛If anybody of you have a plan less than Rs. 2000 ...better continue with your plans.

Hai Prashant_dit.... thank u for your message, thats not a trick from my side, its everybody known, when u install a connection in office, the technicall guy will say why dont u install a another connection at your home u can use the same username n pass, and its gng to free... only u hav to pay a lesser plan charge per month n u can enjoy the high speed internet same like office.... i am not here to suggest anybody in illegal way....hope you understand, here we are sharing only our views we are not a deciding authority.... n ambani is not my close frnd.... :iplay:

🙂 Hi Prashant.Thanks for your reply. Who cares if its a costly technology, they dont even provide a service worth 1000Rs and Iam paying 2500Rs for this connection.I dont see anything costly in this. they dont even give you the speed or reliability and i dont understand what costly technology is this.Mr Anil Ambani wants is fingure in everything new which he doesnt even understand.:cool2:. Its so weird that we cant change plans because of this weird high cost technology.Actually we are habitated to such services, we are happy to get services less than what we pay for. This has got to change.They are gonna loose many customers bcz of this weird rule and hope Mr A Ambani realises this.:S.No offense PRASHANT.Iam not upset with your reply.Thanks for the reply once again.:thumb:

I dont know guys .. actually when i had caled cc they changed my plan withing just half a day .. i migrated from 1 mbps to a 400 kbps plan ..this was about one and a half month ago .. do u ppl ask the cc guys which other plans are available.

Try calling customer care and ask them to change to the plans posted here http://www.rcom.co.in/Communications/rcom/broadnet/postpaid.html#post_data may be it will work.

BTW I seriously have to says reliance has some weird system in place, I have my broadband via DSL and have to bear with the silly logon page and its frustrating at times :irock:

If they just remove these silly systems they would have a lot more connections and a happy user base!

Yaa...i have called them atleast 10 times to get my plan changed, but they have the same answer..they cant change bcz of their weird rules..i dont know how they changed for u..u r saying it was a month back..reliance changes in seconds...idiotss

Yaa...i have called them atleast 10 times to get my plan changed, but they have the same answer..they cant change bcz of their weird rules..i dont know how they changed for u..u r saying it was a month back..reliance changes in seconds...idiotss

Have gone though this post & ppl posting their own opininions..

1)Well the fact is, WiMax is a new technology but it wouldbt be right to say its costly as it has been promoted where last mile connectivity is not possible. In coutnries like ours & other developing & growing countries where the need for broadband is more.

2) About your queries with regards to some business rule of not changing plans, it cant be true. 2 days back my friend went to the REliance Web Store to enquire abt a nw connection & he was informed abt the 2mbps line unlmtd line for Rs. 2500+taxes, when he asked abt lesser cost plans he was told dat as a new biz strategy REl is not promoting the lesser plans like 400,600,300 etc.. it is for the existing users who are on those plans.
But having said dat, it cant be posible dat they wnt allow users to downgrade the tariffs; it is against the consumers interest & a smart consumer can always deal with the cal centre staff & get them to listen to this demands...

Rgds..

Status
Not open for further replies.