Reliance thunder plans in delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter Thedoom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 5,933
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Always a good idea to have a dedicated line for broadband. I have had similar experience in the past with Airtel. Ended up getting a separate line for just landline for upstairs.

The MTNL babus said this too so I removed the parallel line completely but still the problem pestered me.

After complaining again, the lineman came, did something with the line and told me I could reconnect the line again.
But the DSL didn't stop blinking
It was 4 days back

@chromaniac- is it true that you have to login once in every 24 hours to use the net?

I was trying to login when the login page stopped loading few hours ago. I am not sure if I was logged in for 24 hours in one go. Too many power cuts mean I have to login several times a day.

@thedoom
In any case, remove the parallel line and post line stats.
Also, trace the path of the line coming from outside.

x720 said:
@thedoom

In any case, remove the parallel line and post line stats.

Also, trace the path of the line coming from outside.
Sorry but I've lost all hope that MTNL will ever work again. Even if I isolate the problem, they are incompetent to fix it.
They came again, did something with the line but after 2 hours it stopped again.
On top of that even the wifi doesn't work most of the time.
I'm done with MTNL.

@chromaniac- How is reliance? Are you getting the speed as per your plan? Which plan have you taken? Downtime? A brief review would be appreciated.

As long as the underground cables aren't damaged, you can fix it yourself 😉 If rcom isn't available, that is.
Have you confirmed availability of rcom?

x720 said:
As long as the underground cables aren't damaged, you can fix it yourself 😉 If rcom isn't available, that is.
Have you confirmed availability of rcom?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I've talked to them and reliance is available in my area. I hope it's not bad as MTNL.

Update- I called reliance on 2nd June for bb and they said that it was available in my area and I would receive a call within 48 hours. Till today, I have received no call from their engineer despite repeated reminders to their customer care.

Yesterday I called the nearest reliance world at least 5 times on different numbers. It was picked one time and the person said to call later as he was driving. Rest of the time, no one picked the phone, not even him.

Today I called the reliance toll free number again after a month's gap( as I have come to realize that MTNL will give me new problems eventually and there is no way they can be fixed permanently).
The guy told me that the bb could be installed in my area. Then I told him about the booking a month back, he said that the sales team would contact me today itself and gave me my subscriber id/installation number.

Is there any action I can take if the sales team doesn't contact me?

As I was expecting, I didn't a get a call from the sales team. I've written a mail to them. Could anyone give me the e-mail id of a senior person?

Status
Not open for further replies.