Reliance Thunder 1099 Load of Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance
So people, I have been with reliance for some time now with my plan being the 2 Mbps one, the one you pay around 700 for and has no FUP, it sure was a killer deal. I had been using my broadband peacefully, until i decided to upgrade to thunder 1099 due to large downloads for compiling and other stuff. Anyway I went through shit tons of problems in the process, but i finally got a message confirming the upgrade had been done, yay !!! right ?, hell no !!
So after the upgrade the next day, very excited, I went for a speed test, and behold, blazing fast speed of 140 kbps maxing to 220 kbps, the exact same goddamn speed I was getting all this time. One thing they did was to increase the upload speed to around 60 kbps, not what the hell was going on ? so i wait a few days and email reliance about the problem, and they reply me with automated message that'll we'll do stuff in 24 hours, 3 days now I send them email again, aggressive this time, and shit another automated crap they throw at me, with 24 hours now replaced by very soon !

Below is the image of huge router they provided me, which they refused to change after me requesting to do so.

Source

where do you mail to file complaints? i suggest breaking your modem and asking for a zte model. there are guides online that allow you to run your own modem on reliance. someone had success getting it to work on a D-Link model.

disconnect. apply for a new 1099 connection. get a new modem in the process. and probably get a properly configured connection as well.

I rather not go through all that painful process, it's not that easy. I am a college student, and I live with my parents, they definately won't agree to it.

If nothing else works, downgrade your plan to 2mbps so that you are not paying extra for the same speeds.

I don't know what you mean by metro Ethernet 😛 , but when they came to install broadband my dad threw a full tantrum on those poor guys just by looks of how old that inno media piece of shit looked, they said they didn't had any but this at the moment and promised a replacement, but as one can expect from reliance that didn't happen. Also the technician turned up all rude after we call him merely a day or two after the installation, and note this, this was the guy talking all sugar to us, when we were filling the forms and paying them money. Fucking morons !

Status
Not open for further replies.