Reliance Tariff Details - Night Zoom 649 - 600KBPS/Day - 1MPBS/Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!I am currently an Airtel user but I am tired of the FUP they enforce! So now I am going for Reliance Broadband which has no FUP, has quite a few attractive plans (I will be going for Night Zoom 649 initially for the first month). Now I have a few questions before I fall into Reliance's lap 😀NOTE: As much as I welcome theoretical replies, I am kinda looking for first hand experiences. Two things you should know - I am from Lucknow & the DPBOX is just ~100m from my computer.1) What are the *actual* download and upload speeds on this plan? Screenshots would be appreciated 🙂 I am more concerned about upload speeds rather than download.2) Does the magic of *looong* speed bursts happen? 😛 I am asking this because I don't remember exactly but I read somewhere that few people were getting explosive d/l and u/l speeds not just for a few seconds but rather for hours/days! Any experiences?3) Would you recommend it for online gaming?4) What's the usual downtime?5) Anybody from Lucknow has any experience with the customer service here?If anybody has any other details to add about this plan or on the whole for Reliance, please don't hesitate.So reply soon guys! Can't wait to start hauling 100's GB worth of content monthly 😀

1) You'll get 100% download speed consistently. Upload varies from 512 to 600 kbps. Not more than that.2)I never experienced it. But while downloading regional movies thru torrent(if a rel user with high speed seeds) i got around 2-3mbps speed. Thats it.3)I dont play4)10-15 days per year for me. It depends on ur area.5)NILMost of all you have to be lucky from the day you try to call them for a new connection..lolGood luck!!!!

Yeap dude im from lucknow having reliance BB.Not the same plan.The Customer Service nowadays is quite good...called at morning and got the service visit within 2 hours (That was really strange) Ping is'nt good nowadays man...Getting 289 on a New Delhi Server.Maybe some tempeorary problem?

1. u will get promised download n upload speed i have the same plan as ur planning to buy download speed normally i get is around 70kbps sometimes more than that during day times at night times speed ranges btw 110-155kbps which is acceptable upload speed is also the same night time 10 pm to 8 am which is also good2. u will get high speeds when a reliance user will seed a file which ur downloading. speed i got was 7.2Mbps n it happens regularly . plus if u want to download at 4-5 Mbps i will recommend u to download strongdc++ n share files with ur frnds with in same city using reliance broadband only.3. reliance was good in terms of pings 1month or so before now they have changed their routing because of which all of reliance users are facing huge pings. im a gamer n current situation of reliance is not so good in terms of gaming4. downtime depends on ur area service but its minimal 5.dont know abt luckhnow but their CC is good u will get the call from them with in hours of complaint

Yeap dude im from lucknow having reliance BB.Not the same plan.The Customer Service nowadays is quite good...called at morning and got the service visit within 2 hours (That was really strange) Ping is'nt good nowadays man...Getting 289 on a New Delhi Server.Maybe some tempeorary problem?

Hey Yash. Are you interested in sharing torrents? Let me know. Thanks!

----------

I got this plan. Great. BUT! My upload speeds are not going more than 65kbps even at night while I am uploading to Mediafire even though my plan speed becomes 1mbps at night 🙁 Any suggestions?

have u tried checking torrents upload speed at night times. my upload speed on torrents are fine check urs too

Yes. Torrent speeds are perfectly fine. Speedtests are perfectly fine. When I use FTP upload, it's also great! BUT browser interface of Mediafire is the ONLY thing that creates this problem. Upload speed is the main reason I applied for Reliance and now this 🙁I was thinking - my current plan is 649/- (600kbps at day and 1MBps at night) so I get upload speeds according to 600KBps all day so I was thinking may be if I get the 999/- plan (1mbps day and 1.5mbps at night) then may be I'll get minimum 120Kbps all day according to 1mbps 🙂 I don't know if this is stupid but I am desperate ..... Any help?

Yes. Torrent speeds are perfectly fine. Speedtests are perfectly fine. When I use FTP upload, it's also great! BUT browser interface of Mediafire is the ONLY thing that creates this problem. Upload speed is the main reason I applied for Reliance and now this 🙁

I was thinking - my current plan is 649/- (600kbps at day and 1MBps at night) so I get upload speeds according to 600KBps all day so I was thinking may be if I get the 999/- plan (1mbps day and 1.5mbps at night) then may be I'll get minimum 120Kbps all day according to 1mbps 🙂 I don't know if this is stupid but I am desperate ..... Any help?

Just do the plan migration and check with it.Thats the only way. If u dont like the new plan then u can opt for the current plan anytime..

Just do the plan migration and check with it.Thats the only way. If u dont like the new plan then u can opt for the current plan anytime..

How do I change my plan? There's no option for it. I mean I emailed them no response - 4 days 🙁 My sales agent - No can do Sir 🙁 The phone numbers he gave me - WTF! No response! 🙁

The plan worked! Now I am getting upload speed equal to the minimum speed of my plan (120kbps - 1MBps) previously which was (600KBps - 75kbps) 😀 Wonder what's it like on 1499/- plan? 😛

The plan worked! Now I am getting upload speed equal to the minimum speed of my plan (120kbps - 1MBps) previously which was (600KBps - 75kbps) 😀 Wonder what's it like on 1499/- plan? 😛
Hope u've migrated to Night zoom 999 plan..right??

Hi alli've migrated from airtel 2mbps (FUP) to reliance bb night zoom 649 plan and currently happy with the d/l speeds that im getting during and night but facing huge ping ~ 350ms to delhi server which i hav'nt faced in airtel for past 3years. so my question is quite simple, is it normal to face high ping to various servers across the globe ?

when reliance is going to fix the high ping problem.i m unable to play gamess high pings within the country near about 200-300.when i try to tell them my problem they dont know what is ping.their engineer say its not matter ping is high or low.........is nt rubbish

----------

How do I change my plan? There's no option for it. I mean I emailed them no response - 4 days 🙁 My sales agent - No can do Sir 🙁 The phone numbers he gave me - WTF! No response! 🙁
when reliance is going to fix the high ping problem.i m unable to play gamess high pings within the country near about 200-300.when i try to tell them my problem they dont know what is ping.their engineer say its not matter ping is high or low.........is nt rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.