Reliance speed issue

• Thread starter Thread starter faltutime
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,461
Status
Not open for further replies.
@raj can you stram youtube at 600 kbps at 360p without buffering.i cannot even at 500 kbps at night time
600 kbps is not enough for 360p video streaming. Only 240p is possible. At night with 1 mbps 360p plays smoothly. With 500 kbps simply forget 360p. Better download and watch it.

Did you ping the gateway ?? see if you are getting any packetloss ie request timed out .. if you are getting that is the reason for lower speeds and reliance is very famous for request timed out errors ...

Go to network properties you will get your gateway or else open cmd and type ipconfig you will get the details there and then type in cmd ping xxxxxx ( which is your gateway ) -t and see the amount of packet loss in any ..

I don't think one will face request time-out issues while pinging the local gateway. This server will be located close-by and there will not be much 'detrimental' factors in between us and the gateway. The ping time to my local default gateway is just 18ms. However, once the traffic leaves the gateway, we can expect time-outs. This request getting timed out (once the packet leaves the local gateway) is too bad for reliance (in fact, I have never come across such a pathetic scenario with Airtel or BSNL).

Yes you do get request timed out while pinging gateway in reliance , i have used that crap net for 5 full years ...

what should i do.somebody reply

----------

changed my plan to 649.still speed is less.idiot customer care says i should get 1/10 my speed that means 100 kbps omy 1mbps.so he can't do anything. 😕
seriously bsnl customer care is better.what should i do now.i want my full speed and peace of mind

^If Reliance is advertising 1mbps, they're saying 1 megabit per second is the speed. The calculation as to what you will get according to your computer (which is measured in bytes) is 1024/8, or 128kbps or 128 kilobytes per second.Unfortunately, there are 2 units of measurement involved which are very similar, usually written with the same 4 letters abbreviation (without distinguishing which ones are supposed to be capitalized), and it confuses a lot of people.If, however, you go to some speedtest site (the most common being speedtest.net) and only get 0.10mbps, then you have cause to complain.

@mgcarley i get 120 kBps or 118 kBps kilobytes.@raj2007 i have metro ethernet so 112.168.1.1 doesn't open on my browser

@raj2007 i have metro ethernet so 112.168.1.1 doesn't open on my browser
ic..it works only if u have a modem..hmm..sad

@mgcarley i get 120 kBps or 118 kBps kilobytes.@raj2007 i have metro ethernet so 112.168.1.1 doesn't open on my browser

1. If you are getting 120kbyte/s on file downloads, then this is in the vicinity as to what you should be getting, as this is roughly equal to about 0.94mbit/s.
2. By which you mean 192.168.1.1, but as you don't have a modem, this is not relevant.

If you're still not sure, post a result from Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.